Core exercises, yoga, strength, & MTB during TWW?

michaelsikora

I’ve seen lots of posts more broadly endorsing regular exercise during the TWW, but in Google searches I’ve seen mixed advice regarding core exercises (planks, Russian twists, crunches, etc.), yoga (folding and twisting poses), moderate HIIT strength classes, and mountain biking which can be fairly bumpy and poses a risk of falling (though I fall fairly rarely). I also do spin classes at home regularly to the point of maxing out my HR for a minute or two.

I’m really hoping this is the month for me (my PdG already maxed out on DPO 4 on a urine test) so I’d like to be cautious during the TWW and implantation window, but I also want to stay healthy mentally and physically without adjusting too much during this period so I stay sane and try not to focus too much on any one month. So far I am 5 cycles in with no positive yet but trying not to worry.

Would love to get advice on what is safe vs. not recommended for these activities in particular. I’ve been continuing these activities which feel quite moderate to me (nothing super intense), but I do naturally push myself quite a bit. Thanks in advance!

@michaelsikora Unless you are doing IVF and coming off an ER cycle and might be at risk of ovarian torsion or OHSS there's no reason to avoid exercising or twisting motions during the TWW.

Bumps and falls pose no risk to a very early pregnancy. Think of a newly conveived/implanted embryo as a poppy seed buried in peanut butter. It's plenty safe in there.

@brandonaaron Thanks so much! The internet is a sea of confusing advice and information that it’s hard to sift through what is real and what isn’t when it comes to fertility and TTC.

The poppyseed in peanut butter analogy is amazing— that one is going to stick in my brain in a similar manner 😄

@dillon1886 It's an egg retrieval cycle, it's generally the first stage in IVF, you take a load of hormones, stimulate your ovaries to produce as many eggs as possible and then extract them to be fertilized. After this, women are at risk of either ovarian torsion or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) and exercises is contraindicated.

@michaelsikora I took an hour long peloton ride during my tww and in hindsight I was like oops maybe I shouldn’t have done that but it doesn’t seem so have affected anything

Back