Check out this thread to read how difficult 1 to 2 really is

@servewithlove Daddit is the best subreddit on the internet. It’s awesome.

Anyone who talks about having kids I tell them to read through r/regretfulparents

Yes it’s full of negativity. But so much about having kids is glamorized and it’s like…no, it’s fucking hard.

@servewithlove A big takeaway for me is that if you don’t have HELPFUL family around, 2 kids is really gonna take a toll on a marriage and a person.

I don’t live near family and will not for the foreseeable future therefore my mental health will NOT survive a second child. I have a demanding career (still starting out) and I just don’t know how i would be able to give my all to both.

I have concerns about my daughter having people when we’re not around but I do plan on making it clear to my child that friends are important. And I’ll be doing that by modeling it, having friends over often, and showing her that support can come from various places.

@servewithlove I have a friend who wanted to have a second, and so she and her spouse started trying and - whoops - now they're pregnant with twins. So they're going from 1 to 3. I am shuddering at the thought. And like me, she's turning 40 this year. Which makes me shudder again. I'm wiped out and my kiddo is 8, so I'm not running around after her.

I think she and her spouse are pretty terrified, truthfully, so I don't share much about how shitty their lives are going to become. We also live in a high cost of living city, so that's going to make it even more fun.

Back