Check out this thread to read how difficult 1 to 2 really is

@servewithlove Same, I really appreciate the honestly in that post. People I know IRL don't really talk about how hard it is, maybe because they don't want to discourage me from having a second. (Joke's on them, I've already made up my mind to be OAD!)

@servewithlove I've always thought 0-1 is harder for moms and 1-2 for dads because they ACTUALLY have to be a full time parent to one child while mom is recovering from birth and taking care of a breastfeeding infant. He isn't just the "support" for mom when it's one.

@whatwasoldisnewagain THIS. I came here to say exactly this. Instead of mom having to be the only one “on” all the time, now dad does too. And it’s a true divide and conquer rather than mom being CEO and directing the organization.

Now I REALLY want to know how moms feel about going from 0-1 vs. 1-2 (etc.)

@sacredwriternorth From what I hear, they just say it's lonelier because there's less mom and dad plus kid time and more dad plus older child do one thing and mom and younger child do something else. One of you takes kid 1 to baseball game and the other takes kid 2 to hockey.

@servewithlove This is very insightful.

Before having our only, my husband would tell you parents say parenthood is wonderful just to trick other people into becoming suckers like them.

He is the one who is firmly one and done and I have come around but now we laugh at all the parents of more than one trying to trick us in how much better it is.

@slro Having a child (mine is 3.5YO) has almost broke me. It has been the most challenging aspect of my life so far. Having two is unimaginable. Our one is thriving and I’m present and playful. My marriage is great. But we both know we couldn’t do this again. Especially considering the emotional and mental stress 2x. Or as the people on this tread said, “exponentially harder”.

@servewithlove I think part of the difficulty is that no one who went for two, is going to tell you they REGRET their CHILD (or, not let themselves experience that feeling to begin with). So it’s kind of a foregone conclusion that you want and love having two, once the second is conceived.