C Section Recovery SUCCESS

rahel3

5 day PP, and had an emergency c-section at 35 weeks, 6 days.

I am walking already (1.5 miles yesterday and 2.3 today). Keep TOUGH, listen to your body. 🩷 women are super humans!!!!! I attribute all this to staying super active in pregnancy and a positive mindset. Way to go gals. 💪

I recognize this isn’t everyone’s experience but someone out there may find encouragement in this. I was terrified of a c section but am so proud now!!!

@rahel3 I hate to be that person but just for others reading, might want to ease into it more. Incision healing happens internally and externally - just make sure you okay your activity level with your doc!

@harris316 Yes totally, great for OP but this is not the norm. I have never had a c section but I did have an appendectomy which is nothing in comparison and I was floored for 10 days ish, it was much worse than I could have ever imagined. Serious kudos to any c section mama, surgery is no joke.

@rahel3 To add an alternative opinion, I walked too far on day 7 post my c section, and my entire incision area got swollen which slowed down my healing. It’s ok to take things day by day and REST if you want to.

@rahel3 Needed to hear this as I’m so scared, likely heading to c-section in a few weeks. I know recovery can be different for everyone, but this positive story helps. Thank you!

@elizar123 I had an emergency C at 39 weeks…hated the unplanned aspect, loved the surgery! First week after was rough but I wasn’t prepared. After that it was great! Back to running (cleared by my doc) at 6 weeks. Bleeding much less than what I hear about vaginal births, although maybe it’s just me.

6 mpp and I feel like I was never pregnant! Core work sucks but I don’t like it anyway :)

I’m also almost 40. You can do this.

@rahel3 Also had an emergency c-section and was able to get back into moving a lot sooner than I thought! Gave myself 2 weeks to heal and rest before anything too much but I was cruising the house and vacuuming about 3-4 days after as well as carry a baby around and go out to dr appts! Im almost 11 months and Im lifting numbers I hit pre pregnancy and have my 6 pack back. Its possible! Woman are resilient!

@ben_simon21438 Holy cow!!! You are my goals!! My Dr was like hey in a week or two with your fitness you’ll be back and I sure as hell didn’t believe! How did you rehab core?

@rahel3 I did a lot of repetition of diaphragmatic breathing, deep TVA exercises, lots of planking and stability work, then progressively loaded with more difficult movements over the course of 5-6 months

@rahel3 Congratulations!! I am almost 3 weeks pp and this has been my experience as well. At 5 days pp, our elevator was out of service and I climbed 6 floors with stroller ( husband had baby in car seat). I worked out until the end: I remember doing peloton strength workout at 38 weeks. Hoping to get cleared for workout soon!

Back