Breastfeeding exclusively 3-6 month old infant while WFH

@wisper My husband is a SAHD, so he brings me the baby when he needs to eat. We try to avoid meetings. If it’s unavoidable due to my schedule, I cut my camera and cover it as a backup.

It’s faster than pumping, which I would otherwise need to do, and I don’t have to wash pump parts.

@wisper I exclusively breastfed + took care of my daughter while working from home full time for 10 months and it made me want to die. I don’t mean that lightly.

I’m not sure if you plan on having childcare or not but I would really really recommend it + pumping while you work. However if you are able to take breaks you may find it easier to just nurse instead of pumping but babies aren’t really hungry on a set schedule so it may be easier to just pull from a stash.

@katrina2017 I don’t know how you did that. The few times he’s been home for extended periods because of sickness from daycare, I find it next to impossible to actually work.

One meeting I had to share my screen, take notes, and breastfeed during. It was one hour of hell I wouldn’t want to replicate again.

@wisper Depends on the flexibility of your job. If you can be away from your desk at times without anyone noticing or caring, it could work. But what if you have a meeting that runs long and your baby decides he’s hungry?

Back