Baby monitors?

@samjtomes I dislike having more reason to be on my phone, so we went with a Bluetooth monitor that comes with its own screen. Honestly, am audio only monitor would have been fine. He's 6 months now and we don't really use the monitor ever just the audio.

@samjtomes IKR, the Infant Optics ain't pro but it's dope. So easy to use, portable and durable af, even after some drops. All the fancy features on other monitors might just freak you out. Just go with what works for you: plug, play and chill. Highly recommend avoiding those frequent drops tho, lol.

@samjtomes I got caught with Miku a couple of years ago. Tech was actually amazing, but wifi cameras can be a pain. If you’re in an apartment building I found it would cut out and couldn’t get on pretty often. Also if there was an internet outage don’t think it would work, ie would go back to Miku and then to the app instead of it being accessible on local network.

The things like breathing detection are interesting for the first month and then you never look at it again. If your kid is premature or more at risk of issues maybe you want it, but it was pretty overrated IMO.

We now just use a pretty standard monitor, but I’m looking at getting the Giraffe Pro, which is insanely good value for what it is. Having wifi but a long distance back up is heaps handy.

Back