Baby monitors?

@samjtomes Babies can cry for 5-10 seconds, it strengthens their lungs… but really they can’t hurt themselves in their crib. The delay won’t matter. When we actually use the WiFi cam as a monitor we either have it up constantly on a google home/iPad/cellphone. Then there is no delay. I also really like the ability to add notifications for motion from WiFi cams. We use wyze

Huckleberry has been super more helpful than a camera to track cycles. Baby naps in the car, or stroller, or at dinner table it’s missed.

@samjtomes I work offshore and for me the ability to check in on baby while wife was asleep outweighed security concerns.

Use the Aqara G3. Not officially a baby monitor. But will alert to “unusual sounds”. Works with apple HomeKit and HomeKit secure video. Connection speed has been fast for me.

@samjtomes We have the infant optics and it's fine. It is crazy expensive compared to others on the market, but it works. Our monitor stopped working one day - well after the warranty and they still replaced it for us, so that is points for it!

@samjtomes Nanit is easily one of the better ones but it's really expensive as well... I heard good things about Cubo but never tried it myself. Our Nanit lasted us throughout both our kids crib days (about 6 years total). Good bang for your buck in my opinion... and they also offer some add ons etc.

@samjtomes Mom here - we have the infant optics. We chose it for the good video quality and closed system without wifi.

We like it. We leave it on mute with the screen off and when we see the green sound bar activate, we know to check on baby. Love being able to zoom in on baby and confirm that he’s breathing, but not have one of the connected monitors that calculates it. Only negative is that the battery doesn’t last all night unplugged and when it dies, it makes a chime sound that instantly and violently wakes me up. Maybe this feature can be turned off, but my actual solution is to just plug it in on my nightstand

Back