B. F. P. Commence FREAKING OUT!!!!

@johnboy99 I just wanted to say congratulations!!

Three months ago I was here ready to get knocked up and then circumstances changed. I logged in for the first time in 3 months and I had (old) red envelopes from you!

I was laughing how our names were so similar! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations and I wish you a happy, safe pregnancy!!

@chaotika Aww thanks!! :D We do have similar names huh? :p

It's been a crazy week so far, but all good news at this point so I need to focus on that. =)

I'm super glad to see you back here! I do remember you and I know sometimes a break is highly necessary. I was at that point myself and thinking "dude we need to just skip and I need a month to be irresponsible" and BAM, I got 2 lines. Ha!!!

@johnboy99 That's how it ALWAYS happens lmao! My girlfriend got approval for her adoption and a BFP on the same day!

How are you feeling so far? December baby, huh? How are you feeling about that Christmas gift =D

@chaotika haha!! Right?! We were totally going to skip but hubs didn't want to and at that point I was like "fuck it, I want any kid" so we went for it. BAM, knocked up.

But I attribute it to the progesterone suppositories I was given. I have officially been diagnosed with LowP and I think my OB is a saint. =) YAY!!

I'm okay. I have general food aversion, especially with texture, and I am getting really dizzy frequently. I have low BP normally so I guess it's to be expected, but it sucks. Mild cramping and that's about it!

And yep, due 12/15. WHOA! I don't even care anymore, honestly. My kid can be born at the split nano second between 12/31 and 1/1 for all I care. I really don't care anymore as long as this kiddo arrives healthy, happy, and with all the necessary parts. =)

@johnboy99 With my son, I remember anything with garlic was a no-no, and fried ANYTHING was revolting. Our bodies are hella amazing! 2 years later and I can't bring myself to eat fried pork chops. YUCK.

Ohhh...interesting regarding the suppositories! If you don't mind me asking, are you over 30? Can lowP happen to anyone?

@chaotika God yes, the garlic. I love garlic. The other night hubs made a marinade for meat with lots of garlic in it... I can still smell it. I've bleached the damn counter and sink and I can smell garlic. UUUGH. haha!!

And sure, happy to chat about the LowP! I think it's something I've always had, since my first MC was at 17 and I've had them up through a few weeks ago. Last one was 3/10. And yep, I'm 31, nearly 32.

But as I understand it, anybody can have LowP. My mom didn't, she had 2 pregnancies total and both were successful (me + my brother), and no history of MCs in my family at all. Just me.

I've always had crazy periods (I have PMDD, runs in my family) with huge blood clots, but they were always unpredictable. Like, 2 weeks between. Or maybe 5 weeks between. And I have low BP and super-low cholesterol. And I'm always cold.

So I've pretty much had all the signs & symptoms of LowP my entire life. I seriously recommend asking for the supps if you even think you might have LowP. Ask for the CD22 bloodwork to check your levels and ask for the supps at the same time, if you have the signs of LowP. Per my OB you would have a very, very hard time adding in too much progesterone, so they tend to err on the side of caution and prescribe the supps to be safe.

And bonus? They're free!!! Progesterone is considered birth control. hahaha!!!

@johnboy99 Uhhggg! I'll never forget the pure disgust I felt lol! It tasted even worse when I was spewing it out like the exorcist hah!

Interesting! I will talk to my OB about it =D

I think the only think I've been blessed with so far are extremely timely periods. I've been tracking it for over 3 years online and on my phone and while they are long (32-34 days) it's always on time.

Here is to getting my BFP this month!

Back