At what age do kids remember vacations?

@nicolestevens84 My son is 3.5 and he has a pretty good memory. I don’t know if he remembers all of his trips, but when we were approaching Easter, he remembered absolutely everything from the year prior. The main thing for us is to take pictures and put them into a physical book. Our son loves to look through his baby books and it helps to root those memories.

Also, those first few trips will likely be bad because they’re so different from normal routine. You need to practice this new stuff so that future trips will be fun. Maybe try somewhere short, more local, and easy. No matter how much you say “this is the worst trip ever. We’re never doing this again” your kids will only remember the good stuff

@nicolestevens84 Honestly I don’t worry too much about what they’ll remember. There’s still a ton of value for a little one in a fun trip. They may not remember the trip, but they’ll remember all the feelings and it will have a huge impact on their development. Toddlers who have fun, engaging, active trips where they have fun with their family and have lots of new experiences will do those same things as they get older.

Also, you can save money taking them on trips before they turn 2.

@nicolestevens84 My 10yo still remembers a trip to Southern California when he was 3. And his sister (now 6) still remembers trips from when she was about 3 also, so that seems to be about the range. The youngest is 3 now so we'll have to get up to something this summer to see what he remembers.