Another mom told me I have a fat a** today

@sakura656 I probably would have said something along the lines of what are you twelve? Grow up this isn't a popularity contest and you are not special. But I'm a larger lady (5'9" and a good size 12) so I'm not intimidated easily. LOL!

@sakura656 I would have been extremely aggressive and my kid would've stayed at that playground as as long as she wanted to. But I'm generally very aggressive and have had other parents tell me that I scare them.

@sakura656 You're a better and more mature person than I am since I would've smiled and said, "Thanks for noticing! Your husband also thinks I have a fat ass."

@shelly If I was one of the other moms witnessing THIS happen, I would’ve peed myself 😂🤍 Usually I’m not one to engage (i’m 5’4 & 110lbs, easily intimidated LOL) but this would’ve had me on the floor!

@jooobloooo I used to be extremely passive and quiet, but I think the perpetual sleep deprivation has both severely decreased my filter and my tolerance for people being dumb lol

@sakura656 I also have an almost 2 year old and was in an almost identical situation where a little boy of about 7 pushed my child off on some stairs leading to a slide because "move, you're so slow". Luckily, I was standing right there and "spotting" her so I caught her in time. I waited for the kid to come down the slide and said "don't ever put your hands on another person like that again, she could have been really hurt!" The mom who was nowhere to be seen seconds before came running at me screaming "who the fuck are you to yell at my son you stupid bitch!?" I just calmly replied with "You should be ashamed of yourself, with a mother like you setting an example it's no wonder he's a little monster."

@romeo957 This is such a witty remark, I love it! Wish I could think of clever retorts in the moment but alas, it’s not one of my strengths. Sounds like these two moms went to the same parenting class

@sakura656 This is literally the comeback I keep in my back pocket for when parents don't act right in front of their children. For example a woman got out of her car to tell me to "hurry the fuck up" while I was getting my kid into her car seat because she wanted my parking space and her kids were in the back seat with the windows open. I came back with "You should be ashamed of yourself and the example you are setting for your children." and then I took my sweet ass time scrolling through my phone sitting in the parking spot.

@romeo957 That’s what my reaction would be too. What did the mom say?

I truly can’t understand the mindset of these people. I feel badly for their kids.

@sakura656 It's a really hard spot to be in, because someone who behaves this way is likely incapable of coming to their senses or apologizing. I think you did the right thing, leaving is the best option here even though your child would have liked to stay. It could have turned even more awkward, or even dangerous, to stick around.

I once saw a very similar interaction go down in the middle of a mall. A mom gently corrected a child and the mom of that child WENT OFF swearing and calling her a "fat f-ing cow" over and over at the top of her lungs. It was wild to see all the Christmas shoppers frozen watching her, afraid to do anything. It's tough.

@jen9417 She really seemed to want to fight with me because I was ignoring her while playing with my daughter and she kept saying inflammatory things. My ignoring her was making her SO mad! I’m glad we left for that reason but sad for my daughter.

So crazy about that interaction you witnessed! Maybe that was the same mom I dealt with today :p