9 mo with Covid part 2

@mcooperiii Nebulizers aren't bad for COVID-19. They actually give breathing treatments in the hospital for it. The issue with using a nebulizer while having covid is the potential to spread it even more. Your husband can keep using the nebulizer, he just needs to do it in bathroom away from everyone. The bathroom then needs to be sanitized after.

@mcooperiii Yeah if it's like a misty mask thing you inhale, don't use it. Runs the risk of getting virus particles in the air and all over the place if you are sick. Nebulizers are often used by asthmatics, etc. But even my son was given one when he has RSV just for saline solution and they explicitly told me that if he ever got COVID, to never use it then.

@cea Not sure why you’re getting downvoted, but this is true. Nebulizers can deliver medications to the lungs a lot better than an inhaler and helps you breathe easier. However, it can spread the virus a lot easier because of the aerosolized droplets. Even at the hospital, nurses and respiratory therapists will only enter patient rooms with Covid or tuberculosis who receive nebulizer treatments with a PAPR machine for 2 hours after treatment (& only if they absolutely have to) - N95 masks are not considered protective enough.

To OP - I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I hope your baby (&husband) has a speedy recovery! Your husband is safe to use it if he needs it, he just needs to make sure he uses it in a room away from everyone and no one enters the room for a couple hours afterwards. And that he disinfects that machine and the area he’s in.

@floydojeda And I recommend having the window open during the neb treatment and after the let it air out a bit. The goal is to keep OP from catching COVID so she can take care of...everyone!

@mcooperiii I’m so sorry mama. My 5 month old and 3 year old are positive courtesy of our new nanny. We did infant Tylenol, saline, and frida and the ped told me we can offer unflavored pedialyte and water. This is despite 2 moderna doses while pregnant and a third full dose nursing and continued nursing. We have not left our house since before Christmas - this is what being careful gets you. Sending hugs to you.

@blessed001 I am vaccinated and I got a booster and she still has it!! Its insane! Like literally you can do everything right and it still happens. I can barely find any like severe flu medicine for my husband at least.

@parklane3563 For both. She wanted me to offer our 5mo boob or bottle, but she said if she refused, to try a little water or clear pedialyte and if it became unmanageable to head to the OR. The older one enjoyed way too much juice and popsicles, the baby nursed and took bottles so we didn’t get to that point.

@mcooperiii I’m so sorry! I have Covid right now and i suspect my baby must too (he’s 4.5 months). So far just stuffy chapped nose. But I’m scared for him. Wishing your family a speedy full recovery!

@jamesmoon Its okay. They took good care of her so far and helped me unclogg her nose because I could never get it good enough. The doctor also gave me a list of stuff to help with her dehydration. Im running to the store now to try to get what I can. Where I am at right now there is a huge blow up of omnicron and all the Urgent Care and Emergency Hospitals are in code black right now and dont have enough space. All the baby stuff and medicine is just flying off the shelf right now. So wish me luck.

(I tested negative for covid and got a reccent booster as well but I fear of carrying anything so im masking up with gloves on.)