4w+3 and holy sh*t y’all were NOT joking about the insane pregnancy dreams

aveotheotokos

When I was just a mere lurker in this sub in the TTC days, I read that extremely vivid dreams were a thing in pregnancy, but wow.

Typically, I barely remember my dreams. But now? I’m waking up 3-4 times a night in cold sweats and emerging from some of the most vivid and cinematic dreams that feel so real. It’s unsettling. And most of the time, they are anxiety inducing. They feel too real.

The intensity is extreme. I wake up, then as soon as I fall asleep I’m plunged into another one immediately. I’ve never experienced anything like this.

For those of you who experienced this, did this continue throughout your entire pregnancy? Because damn. I can’t imagine this going on every night for 9 months. 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

@aveotheotokos I’ve been having a recurring dream that I’m at work, embarrassed that I’m the only one there naked.

Edit to add: I teach high school so, pretty much my worst nightmare.

@aveotheotokos I’ve always had vivid dreams to the point where I wouldn’t feel rested from a night’s sleep because I felt up and awake all night from super detailed vivid dreams. They always happened during times of stress in my life. But pregnancy dreams have been chilling. I’ve had them since the beginning and they’re not letting up.

@aveotheotokos I’m 36 weeks and my dreams were like this through my whole pregnancy. They have slowed down now because I’m never asleep for long enough to dream lol. So I guess it’s a silver lining but if I do happen to sleep for longer than 2 hours I will still have them. It’s weird how conscious and aware you are though huh? I had a few where I was honestly amazed by my brain. I was dreaming whole ass movies, with a plot and characters and I can’t believe my brain was making it all up.

@aveotheotokos Yes! I had mostly nightmares that were so vivid and scary from the moment I got pregnant. It lasted my entire pregnancy. Went away immediately after having my daughter. I’m so scared of having a second because I don’t want another year of nightmares. It was really hard to deal with sometimes.

@tfklover I'm here to inform you that I am pregnant with my second, and just like my first I am having vivid nightmares every single night. Hopefully the tides shift for you.

@aveotheotokos I had a little lull in my second trimester but now I'm in my third and the crazy dreams have really ramped up! It makes me want to keep a journal so I can laugh about it when all of this is over.

@aveotheotokos I have very vivid dreams anyways. The dreams note are insane and so detailed and all the things. Pretty sure it stayed throughout my first pregnancy. I’m 11 weeks with my second and they haven’t stopped 😭

@aveotheotokos 4w I hah vivid, scary dreams but around 5w it turned into just... lots of dreams. I don't recall all of them in detail but I'm constantly dreaming now, even during naps. Really interesting!

@aveotheotokos My pregnancy dreams were SO WILD in the first parts of pregnancy but they’ve chilled out a little the more he cooks. I had VIVID dreams bringing up previous experiences.

@aveotheotokos Literally EVERY NIGHT! I’m also not sure if it has to do with me quitting self medicating cold turkey, I’m sure it’s a mixture of all things, but dude the dreams I have are WEIRD. From stress dreams, sex dreams, fever like dreams?! And then waking up and not falling asleep for 2 hours… last night I had a dream I asked for a DNA test from the doctor and the doctor never interpreted my results, she handed them to me and told me to “figure it out”..