23 weeks PP still on & off bleeding????

melvin190909

I am still on & off bleeding 23 weeks postpartum…I delivered via c section & slightly tore myself with my 2 year old at 3 weeks PP. Sometimes it is a huge gush like soaking my pants out of nowhere of not bleeding for a week or sometimes it is just heavy brown blood spotting….

I had a hematoma hemorrhage in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy …. It would literally soak my clothes out of NO WHERE too…this freaked me out!

So … My biggest concern … Is there an issue here? Why does my doctor not really listen to me about this?

Help. I am desperate.

P.s. I had mirena put in at 8 weeks PP as I was not able to get my scheduled ablation due to being laid off on maternity leave…

@melvin190909 This is not normal that far out after delivery and especially with a Mirena in for greater than 12 weeks (if it’s in the correct place.) You need an ultrasound to rule out either something retained from birth or migration of the IUD. HOWEVER, if the majority of the bleeding between when your cycles are due is just the brown spotting, that can be the lining of the uterus exposed to progesterone (from the mirena)- but it doesn’t sound like that’s the case.

The placental bleed (subchorionic hemorrhage is my assumption) is almost certainly unrelated and actually very common.

@melvin190909 Do you also have pain? If you do, it could be a piece of the placenta that's still retained in your uterus. Regardless of if there is also pain, go back to the doctor and ask for an ultrasound. Let them check your uterus. Don't let them send you away, just keep asking. This doesn't sound normal to me, it's perfectly warranted to ask for a check up