10 Year Old Can't Read or Count

@ichabod Yeah thats very bad. Typically 2 years olds can count so for them to be 10 and not be able to even count is extremely concerning. I would expect 10 year olds to be able to do long division long multiplication and read proficiently.

@ichabod If your a assistant principal you’d know what to do, the signs, etc. That alone is giving me red flags how unprofessional this post is for someone who claims to be educated and in the education field

@ichabod Perhaps also a complete physical with blood work to rule out nutritional deficiencies. But yes, V needs tests to determine where the issue is, as this isn’t baseline normal for her age.

@ichabod Reading this, my suggestion is to get her assessed. It could be cognitive delay, it could be a disability, it maybe sensory input causing issues. Regardless of the cause, she needs to be assessed in order to get to the bottom of it and then to get her the services that she needs.

@ichabod I dont know if anyone’s said this but a few of those behaviors are linked to children dealing with abuse. Have you thought about therapy? What was her situation before you came along?

@ichabod If I could work out how to send you this paperwork, I would be able to add. I'm UK, daughter is exactly the same. She's just turned 10. Anyone know how to post pics?

@ichabod She was diagnosed with autism when she was 6. But also shown signs of something else being a problem. She couldn't retain anything, can't follow ANY instructions and memory was so bad. She got a cognitive assessment, the results were very interesting. After the assessment results, the assessor sent out information for myself and school. I'm trying to post her results for you. It tells us and education on how best to communicate,teach etc.

Back