10 Year Old Can't Read or Count

@thumperofbibles This! I was looking to see if someone mentioned T1D. Very common to have incontinence with diabetes. Please have her checked by a regular doctor. I know she needs to see s a lot of professionals, but unchecked diabetes kills.

@ichabod How is this child 10 yrs old and the school system hasn’t spoken to her mother???? How has she passed from 1 grade to the next when she can’t read or count?? How can a school system be so lax? Someone needs to speak up for this child.

@ichabod There is DEFINITELY a learning disorder.
I have studied the DSM V manual, like it's the back of my hand, and EVERYTHING you have written, is SCREAMING RED FLAGS.

I understand you Love V and her mom, BUT SOMEONE HAAAAAS TO STEP IN.

The mom is trying to keep this innocent, let's just keep working on this, BUT SHE IS WAITING TOO LONG!
V HAS MISSED MANY LEARNING MILESTONES!

You are in a tough situation, BUT bc you have this relationship with the both of them, the likelihood of V's mom being WILLING TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO SOMEONE, IS VERY VERY GOOD.

As an educator, I really feel like you NEED to put THAT metaphorical "hat" on, and give her mom the TRUTH.
You're the very BEST person to do it, BECAUSE she trusts you.

Please don't let V suffer any longer.

You and I BOTH KNOW, that MOST kids, that are coming out of Kindergarten, now have to be able to realize and know how to utilize,.....at LEAST 50 sight words, BEFORE they can graduate to the next yr.

V IS FAR BEHIND THIS POINT, AND SHE IS 10!!!!
PLEASE BE the voice that V needs, bc she CANT do this for herself!!!

As a kid, I had high functioning ADHD, BUT there was NO name for that disorder then.

My mom was CONVINCED that she or one of her illustrious boyfriends, could just "beat it out of me."
So I learned to be silent, and suffered alone for so very very long.
I suffered TERRIBLY bc the "high functioning" version, allowed me the ability to mask it.
I'm extremely intelligent, so grades weren't ever my problem.

I TRULY BELIEVED THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME AS A CHILD.
I literally broke down in art class once, in the 4th grade, bc I couldn't draw in a 3d version, to make my art look as real as the object on the table.
I remember yelling at myself in my own head, telling myself to stop being so stupid, or I was going to be considered a "problem."

"V" CANNOT DO THIS INNER OBJECTIVE REASONING, BC SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE SKILLS TO DO THAT YET!
PLEASE DO WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW, NEEDS TO BE DONE....OTHERWISE, V WILL BE THE ONE WHO CONTINUES TO SUFFER.

I'm willing to bet...whenever she came down the stairs with the toys in the bag and told yall about the clothes being in her toy box, she was probably actually really proud of herself for accomplishing "exactly what yall said."
You KNOW that THAT was the straw, that should be like, "OK, I need to break this news."

If there's anyone who can do it, and I think be able to do it without hurting either of the ppl you care so much for, it truly IS YOU.

PLEASE GO HELP V.
IT'S VERY LONELY, NOT HAVING PPL UNDERSTAND YOU AS A CHILD.