“Why didn’t you remind me?” -My Husband

@infomommax I ruined my husband too-

He was raised by his dad and mom who never cooked, only restaurants and rotisserie chicken. He came into our relationship with zero expectations, like I could have said I am making spaghetti every night and he would have been fine with it.

Unfortunately, I LOVE cooking colorful and healthy meals. Last night we had salmon spinach pinrolls, tri-tip (he doesn’t eat fish), homemade mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, and wedge salad- this was just a regular Wednesday. So when I am tired and just make baked chicken with rice- he is underwhelmed.

@infomommax Shared calendar or add these appointments into his work calendar. Mt husband is like this and it’s not intentional. Once I realized he just sucks at prioritizing and remembering these things we talked about it and he told me he lives and dies by his work calendar. So now every activity or appointment I need him to do I send an invite to his calendar and it has solved all problems. I make the appointment to include travel time as well.

@infomommax I made basically three months of midwife appointments all at once for the end of my current pregnancy, put them in our joint calendar, and reminded my husband to block them off on his work calendar. Guess who can’t make it to my appointments at 37 and 38 weeks bc they didn’t block it off on their calendar. 🙃 Not a huge deal but I just wish he’d have listened to me!!!!

@infomommax sigh I'm my husband's reminderer as well. We are trying to cut down on buying lunches so I pack leftovers for him in the evening and he forgets to take them in the morning. I asked sarcastically if I needed to add reminding him about his lunch to my morning to-do list, hoping that it would motivate him to take ownership of it, but he missed the sarcasm and responded with "Oh yes! That would be great, thanks!" -_-

@infomommax Not. Your. Fault!!!!!
We do the shared calendar and then I have one on the kitchen wall because by god if my husband can’t remember it via his phone, at least he can walk past it 5 times a day lol