“WhEn ArE yOu gOnNa BrInG tHe BaBy tO mY hOuSe??”

@shanan So much this! We're not on a SUPER strict schedule for naps and bedtime, but those things need to happen eventually. Any time we see friends, they come yo us because we can hang out and do whatever, take a small pause to put LO down for naptime or bedtime, and then continue hanging out, PLUS all of his stuff is at our house. It works SO WELL and I don't get why other people don't want to do this.

@truthandpeace Agreed.. but on the flip side we ended up doing that with our in-laws because it’s even worse if they overstay their welcome. When we brought the baby there, we could stay 45 min then leave and say we needed to feed/nap/change whatever.. but having visitors stay more than a little while was the absolute worst and so we ended up bringing the baby to them to avoid long visits.

@ajflyguy7 I can't decide if the lingering by non-parents or by people who are parents is worse.

We had a child-less friend couple that visited 6 weeks after birth who brought a cooler of beers and asked "what's for dinner?" When I asked them what their plan to get home was, they suggested they just stay the night. Thankfully my partner stepped in, I was about to lose it.

@edison YES. It’s so frustrating to not be able to have a good option either way.

Option 1: have to deal with leaving and all it entails, plus being uncomfortable in an environment that isn’t kid friendly.

Option 2: Be inconvenienced and have to host them for too long.

Option 3. Get overwhelmed with the choice and feel sad and guilty that there are no good choices and people are assholes.

@jessfoss01 I learned pretty quickly that I prefer option 1! I would much rather have the choice to leave when I need to. I had friends come over when my LO was 5 weeks old. They stayed until 1am. And that was the last time I ever did that!!

Back