“we weren’t even trying!”

@miss19 I think she literally said some even without their husbands knowing. So yes you’re incorrect in this case. OP really did mean that as it’s literally written.

@miss19 I have a friend and she said that they were not preventing for 8 or 9 months however she just “knows it only took the one time”, like the dates were off all other months. I mean whatever makes you feel good but people will say all kinds of things to make it look easy.

@tinglee0021 I wish I took this approach with my husband’s performance anxiety. We’re 8 months of trying and it’s getting worse every cycle. As long as they are on the same page about wanting kids and she knows everything is in order… i don’t see a problem. If their partner said specifically they don’t want kids then that’s a problem.

@reesechic21 Yes I knew a woman whose partner always wore a condom to prevent pregnancy and she purposely put baby oil inside herself to make the condoms break during her ovulation time.

@tinglee0021 I would be resentful as well. It’s very hard to deal with waiting, whether the guy takes ages to propose or if one partner is not ready to TTC even years after marriage. It’s not like we r getting any younger and it just gets harder the older that we get. Men do not seem to understand that u don’t always just instantly pop up pregnant.

@prophetray I was the one to propose, didn't see the point in waiting haha. He had good reasons for waiting (we were foster parents and had a kid in our care with special needs) but it was still very difficult. I knew I could handle it all but he didn't think he could.

@amyamelia I hate when people don’t use any form of birth control/protection and then say it was an accident. Your husband didn’t pull out and you’re not on birth control? Sounds like trying to me. Unless someone is literally on the pill or has an IUD or something and gets pregnant that’s the only way I’d consider it an accident. Also a friend of mine always lies about how many tries it took her for her two kids. The first she tried 3 months and told everyone it was a “surprise!!!!” (She was peeing on ovulation sticks and yes I called her out lol). Second was 7 months and she told everyone it was 2. I just didn’t say anything that time 😂 so yes people definitely lie!

@forgivenchildofgod It’s wild to me that people don’t use protection and get pregnant and then say, “We can’t believe it! We weren’t even trying!” I really don’t understand their logic behind this.

@forgivenchildofgod Omg, my sister does the opposite - every time she tells the story of trying to get pregnant the first time, it takes her two months longer lol. One time her husband was even like, "Wasn't it only four months?" and she snapped at him LOL but that was the original duration I heard...

@forgivenchildofgod Oh my gosh thank you for sharing this!!!! This is my point exactly. It’s so sad too bc it makes other women who are trying feel like there’s something wrong with them. I know I do. I honestly don’t know why women do this to other women.

@tasrine That’s trying. If you’re having regular sex, you’re not any less likely to get pregnant than someone who is saying they are trying. You should take folic acid - the risk of fetal defects is highest when there are insufficient folic acid stores in the first few weeks of pregnancy.