Yes, it's possible to have a baby that has a late bedtime and wakes up late

kitsoni

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but, this is just an encouragement for people who are looking (like I was) for information on babies who had a later schedule.

I remember being pregnant and searching the term "late bedtime" because I knew that I wanted to sleep in when baby was born. My husband and I are night owls and function much better when we sleep later into the day. When my baby was around 3 months old (he's now 9.5 months old), I remember waking up with him for the day at 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. He would go to bed around 7:00 or 8:00pm. It was brutal. I thought, "Man, there has to be a better way to get my baby to sleep in".

Everyone online kept on insisting that babies just normally wake up early. There was all this "scientific evidence" saying that babies get their best sleep between 7:00 and 10:00 p.m. or whatever. I refused to believe that, and my husband and I decided to shift our baby's schedule back by HOURS. Boy oh boy, let me tell you how wonderful it's been! Our baby's bedtime is now 10:30 p.m., and he typically wakes anywhere between 8:30 and 9:30 every morning. I'm able to sleep in till about 8:30, and I spend my morning cleaning and organizing the house for the day while enjoying my hot cup of coffee. It has been such a game changer for my mental health!

My baby is now 9 and 1/2 months old and he wakes once in the middle of the night for a bottle and then sleeps the rest of the night. He takes two naps around 12:30 to 2:00, and then 5:00 to 6:00. It's also nice because we can enjoy dinner together as a family around 8:00 / 8:30 if we want and not have to wait until baby goes to bed.

We never actually sleep trained, we kind of just let baby fuss until he fell asleep. I guess that's called fuss it out. It has worked so well for our family.

I just want to say that it's okay to not do what everyone else says you should do. It's okay to find what works for your family. Obviously, our schedule only works for people who don't need to be up for work early in the morning (I'm a SAHM), but for those of us who don't leave the house in the morning, a late schedule for your baby can work!

May the sleep gods shine upon you!

@lukeplyr83 Same my baby use to sleep around that time but she got constipated and now for some reason her bed time is around 1am to 2am and she wakes uparound 12pm. I really want her bed time around 10pm but i don't know how to cover that 4 hours window we try giving her bath half an hour but she won't go to bed unless it's time and will start crying to an extent that we fear neighbors gonna call someone.
I really need help
Ps she is 7 month old

@michasdgr19 My baby is 18 months and stays up late and literally sleeps until like 10 am and I’m trying to get her on another schedule like 9am wake up but then she gets so mad and goes back to sleep I want to fix this any ideas

@kitsoni Question for you - did your baby sleep through the night before the later bedtime? Our 7 month old goes to bed between 6-730 and wakes every 2-3 hours then is up at 530am. I'm wondering if a much later bedtime will not only help with sleeping in but maybe also the night wakings too 🤞