With all the discussion regarding weight gain, would anyone like to be my friend on MyFitnessPal?

greg0ry

Hi there! There have been a number of posts lately regarding weight gain. I believe everyone is entitled to choose how they manage their weight during pregnancy and that choice is extremely personal and unique to each individual. Even whether or not a woman tracks her weight during pregnancy should be completely up to her and her medical team.

That said, I would love to connect with some Bumpers who use MyFitnessPal to track nutrition, calorie intake, and weight fluctuations for the remaining duration of my pregnancy and postpartum period. I've found great comfort in using MFP as a tool to control my weight gain ever since I failed the 1-hour glucose test and started gaining 2-3lbs/week. I've been using it for almost 3 weeks now and have slowed my weight gain to 0.5lbs/week and am back within my comfort level for total weight gained to date. Thankfully, my pancreas and placenta aren't total fuck-ups and they passed the 3-hour test.

What's lacking for me from the app is a social component. If anyone would like to add me, my username is sarahellenlipinski and if you want me to add you (because sometimes we're lazy and that's cool) you can post your username below or PM it to me. I keep my food diary public for anyone to peruse and I have added a lot of recipes (I have a Blue Apron subscription). If anyone else has their food diary set to public, that would be sweet as I would love to see new meal and snack ideas because I am not the most creative lady. I also created a new group in MFP called Reddit Bumpers and Beyond. It's set to to public for now, so please join! It will make it a lot easier for us to find each other.

I think those of us who manage our nutrition in a similar manner could benefit from being more connected. I also plan to xpost this to /r/postpartumprogress which I love as a subreddit and hope to make more active after I deliver my child. Health and fitness is important to me and I want to surround myself with like-minded moms and moms-to-be!

Thank you!

I'm calling out some users who have posted in recent threads that they use MFP. Seeing all the users who track their intake is what inspired me to reach out!

/@ameyer6

/@macheath

/@pjbs

/@surrealist247

/@screwtape

/@crazyforchrist

/@maria52

/@confused1966

/@covanent

/@karenka

/@mottie

/@derrickmac

/@dylanrowe1

If you don't feel comfortable with having your username posted (and I'm so sorry!), let me know and I will remove you. Everyone on this list attested to using or wanting to use MFP and I want to make connecting as easy as possible!

@greg0ry Ha! I was just about to post when I saw you already called me out. You & everyone can feel free to add me, I'm kozinskey over there too and my food log is open to friends. I'm not using it super regularly right now, but I will join the group because I'm going to be tracking like a madwoman after baby arrives =)

@greg0ry I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:
#footer[sup]If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads.[/sup] [sup](Info[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Contact)[/sup]

#bot

@yahunatan If you found the recipe online, you can paste the link to the webpage where it's posted and MFP will automatically detect the ingredients and match them to foods in their database, all you need to do is review it for accuracy because it can be a little wonky (like counting 500 calories for 3 cloves of garlic, uh no silly). It's super easy to do it that way and I use it ALL THE TIME. Also, if I'm adding homemade recipes, I just add the nutrient dense ingredients. I skip the spices, salt, and small portions of veggies because they don't add much of anything calorie wise and take too much time to look up.

@greg0ry This feature works great, and honestly sometimes I just search the database and try to get close. For example, yesterday, we ate lunch at an Indian buffet, and I searched "Indian buffet" and came up with search results for "generic Indian buffet, moderate portions" for 600 calories, which seemed reasonably close to what I likely consumed. You'll probably be more accurate the more you log and the better you get at making educated guesses.

I joined the group, too :)

@greg0ry Great idea! I'm at work right now but will figure out what my username is/how to add people/how to join the group when I get home.

You don't have to be premium to join a group or add people, do you?