When did you get excited “again”?

galdrun

Hey y’all!

I am currently 17 weeks with my double rainbow baby! I would say the first trimester was full of “don’t get your hopes up” and constant anxiety and then WHOOSH relief happening from the 12-14 week period. Sharing the news, learning it’s a girl with low risk genetics, buying our very first baby items just felt like a whole cloud 9 situation! Since that time however I really haven’t thought about her much at all - in fact some days I forget I’m pregnant! I am getting the wayward kicks every once in a while but sometimes I think no way that’s her I’m just a little crazy. My question is - do you get excited AGAIN? Is it like baby shower time? Anatomy scan time? Third trimester? I miss that feeling of absolute all consuming bliss and I want it back!

@galdrun Congratulations!! So this is something I really struggle with, as I had a long fight with infertility to get pregnant. But I'd say I started to get more excited as milestones were passed, especially the anatomy scan and reaching viability week (24 weeks)! I wouldn't say its all consuming bliss, but its definitely feeling more real every day. I'm 35 weeks now and still can't believe I'm going to be holding a baby soon. So surreal!

@tammyhartness Agreed! After 2 miscarriages, this was when I was able to get excited. I’m currently almost 25 weeks and honestly the last 2 - 3 weeks I’ve really let myself believe it’s happening and gotten really excited to meet her! Feeling her kick really helped too.

@galdrun I’m 17 weeks 2 days with my rainbow baby and I kinda feel like pregnancy in general is anticlimactic. I’m guessing once we have our anatomy scan, we’ll feel excited if it goes well. Then once we reach viability, we’ll feel excited, then around the shower, and obviously if/when the baby arrives. But the interim periods I feel like will just be (hopefully be) business as usual.

Pregnancy is supposed to be boring! I’ve been hoping for a boring 9 months after my first pregnancy ended in an MMC and I had to have surgery.

Embrace the boring, congrats!

@galdrun Around 25 weeks things started feeling really exciting and real for me. Before that I was either super nervous or didn’t feel “really” pregnant. Now I’m waddling around at 36 weeks and things are feeling very real in a more nervous way knowing birth is coming soon!

@sunboy Wow I feel like I’ve seen you around and after a little digging realized it was from the ectopic support group! I’m sorry we both went through that but so excited that we got our success stories!! 25 weeks sounds like an excellent time to get “re-excited” we’re past anatomy, viability, and can start the nursery! It’s not very long now, thanks for the input!

@galdrun Omg I am so happy to run into someone outside of the ectopic support group in a happy setting! I will also say at about 30 weeks I really started looking pregnant to the point people in public ask questions and that has also added another level of excitement.

@galdrun Anatomy scan shifted me from anxiety to 'this is real.' I got excited with zero anxiety (which says a lot from a very anxious lady!) at 24 weeks after our cardiac echo (family history of heart issues. Anatomy scan showed zero issues but they offered it to be safe).

32 weeks tomorrow and I cannot wait to meet this baby. I get a little teary eyed thinking about holding the little one and whenever I buy items knowing that the baby will be here in 8ish weeks!!!

@galdrun Seeing him move around at the anatomy scan got me excited, then after that feeling kicks more consistently.

Now I’m 36+4 and ready for this to be overrrrr omggggg. The last bit of pregnancy isn’t great 😅

@galdrun I'm 26weeks with my double rainbow baby, with an anterior placenta so didn't feel her movements very much until around 24 weeks. I paid for a private scan around 18 weeks because all my first trimester symptoms went away and I didn't feel at all pregnant anymore.

I started feeling more excited after the 20 week anatomy scan, and then the 24 week follow-up scan (she was in a weird spot so they didn't get everything) also helped. But this week I'm finally feeling regular movement and it's helping my anxiety a ton! And now I'm planning my shower and starting to believe this could be real. I'm afraid to let myself get truly excited, but at least I'm starting to feel hopeful!

@galdrun CONGRATS!! im also pregnant with my double rainbow 🥹 i completely see what you’re saying, it can be really hard to get excited, especially at the beginning. I was a wreck my whole first trimester, but then felt a lot better during the second. i was so scared for my anatomy scan, but everything came back relatively fine and it was AMAZING to get to see my baby move around for so long and see all of her little parts. and then once they start kicking regularly its like magic, so incredible. but you can get scared if you think they aren’t kicking enough, then feel better if you go get checked (ALWAYS GET CHECKED if you feel that somethings off, they will not judge you, they kept reassuring me i did the right thing even though she was fine) then you get nervous for the glucose test, then feel better when you pass, lol. im 30 weeks now and starting to get nervous about giving birth 😅. in my opinion, its just a bunch of ups and downs. theres scary days, and theres days of pure bliss. just remember to give yourself patience and extra love, pregnancy after loss can be really traumatizing, and its very hard emotionally. BUT it also helps you be able to appreciate all the little parts of pregnancy even more. im so excited for you to experience the magic and so happy for you🥰

@galdrun Congratulations!! For me I think it was labor! Early on I just felt sick and even tried buying baby clothes to convince myself I was pregnant. It only kid of worked? Similar to you, I had a rush of excitement building my registry and getting the nursery ready, then things settled down again. I remember crying one evening because I was afraid I didn’t love my baby enough. I was convinced I SHOULD feel more excited and connected to baby than I did.

The only advice I can offer is don’t worry. The immense feelings of love and excitement will come ❤️

@galdrun I feel you. I'm 23 weeks after a mmc 8 years ago and a early miscarriage almost a year ago. I feel like I'm just holding my breath. If it wasn't for the mmc I think I would have been excited when the 11 week scan happened and we could see baby rolling around in there. Now I can feel her, but still get worried when she goes quite from time to time. I think where I'm at now, I go through waves of being excited and worried about being able to take care of her when she's here. I'm just going to cross each bridge as they come.

Congratulations on your little girl! Hope you have a safe and uneventful rest of your pregnancy!

@galdrun Congrats! I got more and more excited with each milestone. Also I think seeing baby via monthly scans with the MFM eased some of the anxiety as well. Now at 31 weeks feeling baby move consistently for the last few months really adds to the excitement.

@galdrun I’ve recently had my baby following a loss and I got excited when the hospital said I could take her home at 2 weeks pp. she is my absolute world now but all my feelings were so mellow prior to that moment.