What are my options for delivery with rectum prolapse?

mtouch

I am 30 weeks pregnant, I don’t know how severe but I have rectum prolapse.. every time I attempt the RR it comes out, It’s been happening for about 2/3 months I thought it was a hemorrhoid but it’s definitely not.. I thought it would go away but it’s getting worse. I have a 16 month old whom I had vaginally with the WORST butt labor even with an epidural. I pushed for about an hour with him he was 6 p 1 oz. I labored for 25 hours!! And had to have butt numbing cream after labor. What options did your OBGYN give you? Or did they even give you an option? There’s nothing on the internet I could find that talks about this. PLEASE HELP

@mtouch Unfortunately OB are not good at giving people options… I would recommend looking into pelvic floor therapy. They are the professionals who can actually help you with this.

@monroe27 I would add to this to not wait on a second opinion or 'watch and see' to go see the pelvic floor PT - I think you'll have a lot more success talking to a PT while getting another OBGYN opinion.