What’s your favorite formula?

conner74

Looking for solid recommendations/favorites from the group. What are you using that you/your baby loves?!

Yea I know every baby is different - just looking for the tried and trusted options so I can narrow down the pool of research I’m doing to find what could fit my baby.

@mdkalns Our Nicu babe was just discharged a few days ago, he was born 35w6d and they had him on Simulac total comfort RTF while he was in there and when he came home for the last couple days. We bought the kirkland costco formula and he took right to it, so far so good. Much cheaper than any of its alternatives.

@conner74 Regular Similac (360 Total Care). It’s what we got as samples from the hospital and she did well on it so we just kept buying it. The “5 HMO prebiotics” thing is probably mostly a gimmick, but I like to think it’s helping her microbiome.

I’ve heard good things about Kirkland formula too and it’s decently cheaper, but we can easily afford the Similac so I don’t really care to go through the effort of switching. We also buy it on Subscribe and Save from Amazon which is super convenient.

I also like that it comes in 8oz bottles of ready to feed for on the go or for my in-laws to keep at their house (since they wouldn’t use up a can of powder fast enough).

@conner74 We used Similac total 360. We supplemented at the hospital with it and worked great so kept going. It's also readily available and in rtf forms too.

I wouldn't buy into some of the marketing gimmicks of other formulas. Ingredients are stictly monitored so one isn't really "better" than the other. What your baby will accept and is working for their tummy is best.

I will say please don't switch formulas too quickly, it takes time for babies bodies to adapt. It blows my mind that people change formulas every week because the first two times they offered it the baby "had issues" or "didn't agree".

Also please please please talk to a pediatrician for solid advice and recommendations. Most people on reddit are very misinformed but think they know everything.

@conner74 Kendamil original. We started using it with my older child, because we were combo feeding so the smaller scoop was nice. It was also the height of the 2022 shortage, and I could always snag a can at target.

We stuck with it this time, and I love that it’s palm oil free. It’s also fairly cheap as far as formula goes…significantly cheaper than any name brand, only generics are cheaper! I’m kind of considering switching to Kirkland at some point but baby has done so well with this that I don’t want to rock the boat.