What’s worse.. c section recovery or being pregnant with twins?

@toniboykin84 Gas X helped me a little! I’d definitely make sure you have some at the ready. Getting up and moving around as much as you can helps too, as everyone else has said.

@toniboykin84 I have to say I found the recovery after the section so hard. I didn't heal properly because I couldn't rest like I was told. I was in and out of the hospital for two weeks to look after my babies in the nicu. When they got home it was in the middle of a lockdown in my country so I couldn't have people over to help much. I tried to rest as much as I could but having the twins home and them being so small was so demanding. I loved my pregnancy once I got into the second trimester as the first one I was so sick every minute of the day.
My scar had finally healed only after 5 months, and to this day I still suffer from the fear of something else happening to it. I went from being so fit to literally no exercise because the docs wouldn't let me do anything until now. So now I know I am definitely not having anymore babies because I can't go through the recovery again

@toniboykin84 I delivered my twins at 34 weeks double whammy style, with a 22 month old and 4 year old at home. The c section definitely led to more pain than a vaginal delivery, but like everyone else said, that feeling of having your body back outweighs any localized pain you’re dealing with. As challenging as it was at the time to have 3 weeks of NICU stay, I also saw the benefit of having 3 weeks to recover before having 4 kids at home. Good luck!!

@toniboykin84 Being pregnant with twins 💯

Yes I could only sleep in 1.5/2h increments but that sleep felt way better than any of the 3rd trimester sleep (that was only induced by UNISOM).

@toniboykin84 My twins’ c-section was my first and only delivery and I went into it having no ide what to expect. The first day or two were rough but if you get moving like others have said (I had to since mine were in the NICU) and stay up on your pain meds, it’s okay. And after two or so days I felt exponentially better! I will say, though, that my body didn’t feel more back to normal until I stopped breastfeeding. It was a long time to feel out of whack, but still felt better than when I was pregnant with them!

@toniboykin84 After my twins were born by c-section, I was triple-feeding and so for several weeks I never slept more than 3 hours at a time. I was extremely tired, but I still had more energy and felt better than I did during the 3rd trimester. Twin pregnancy is on its own level- I couldn’t believe how hard it was.

@toniboykin84 Being at the end of pregnancy was way worse than c-section recovery. I was able to sleep so much better, and the pain meds helped with the pain (which wasn't terrible for me). I had hip pain at the end of pregnancy that took a couple of weeks to go away, but otherwise my pregnancy ailments were gone pretty quickly.

@toniboykin84 2-3 weeks of progressively feeling better plus baby-fueled euphoria vs being slowly crushed to death

Lol I mean, both sucked but c sec itself wasn’t bad. I had preeclampsia postpartum though and that caused debilitating headaches— that part was rough.

@toniboykin84 My twins were born in May this year. The pregnancy was pretty awful for me, I had severe pelvic girdle pain/SPD from about week 18 and it just got worse and worse. It hurt lying down, it hurt sitting down, it hurt moving around. It just hurt all the time! I wasn't able to take the medication that would actually help with the pain, as anti-inflammatories are not advised during pregnancy. Luckily I was able to have some physio during my pregnancy, but they had to stop that at 35 weeks and I didn't have my C-section until 38+4. I'm still experiencing pelvic pain, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. I won't lie, the pain from the C-section was horrendous, but it became manageable quite quickly. So on reflection, both were bad, but at least the C-section pain could be controlled properly with medication.

@toniboykin84 Pregnancy was worse than the recovery 100%. Recovery was hard don’t get me wrong. But doesn’t last 9mo like being pregnant with twins!!! Move as much as you can!! It’ll suck at first but the move you move the better. The first 2 days of recovery weren’t very fun, but after that it wasn’t so bad & much less miserable. Just had to be mindful of not lifting anything heavy & I was fine. I had twins via c-section in May!

@toniboykin84 I thought the discomforts of the third trimester and of CS recovery were equivalent. The discomfort during the CS recovery was just more concentrated in one particular area (the incision area). But I also didn’t have older children to take care of and my twins were in the NICU for a couple of weeks. Pro tip: make sure you take your pain meds regularly for (likely) a couple of weeks.

That last month (I had the twins at 35 weeks) was really terrible. I couldn’t get comfortable in any position no matter how many pillows I used. Sleep was so hard because I was so uncomfortable. I was exhausted from lugging that belly around. The only time I felt relief was when I would go to the wave pool (it had a slope so I could walk in and out instead of trying to heave my body up a pool ladder) and let the water hold some of that weight. If you have access to a pool, I highly highly recommend it.

Good luck and welcome to the club!

@toniboykin84 Being pregnant with twins. By the end, I was absolutely miserable, swollen, and uncomfortable. I have had three c-sections (the last one being for my twins), and the end of pregnancy with the twins was worse by far. You'll be sore after your first c-section, but it isn't that bad.

@toniboykin84 Third trimester was miserable for me. I developed PUPPP rash, my skin felt too tight and painful, I was constantly winded. No thank you. I’ll take c section recovery any day. I was lucky - I had a planned c section so there was so emergency/duress/labor, I healed quickly, and I have had surgery before so I was somewhat prepared for what “recovery” can mean (my other surgeries were not abdominal surgeries but I was at least prepared for pain, post-op issues like nausea, etc.) (Full disclosure, I know other people’s c section experiences can be traumatic or difficult).