vapes and pregnancy?

charles77

I am six weeks and two days. I have drastically cut back. I stopped entirely on October 10th (5 weeks) but took a puff on October 15th. I feel so guilty, selfish and weak - I have been contemplating this pregnancy since day one (s/o is 16 years older than me / has five children already / and we are broken up - says he's already searching for a new girl). I am 27 years old, will be 28 in June 2024. I feel like I have already endangered the baby's health... has anyone had a baby and struggled with vaping? Was your baby okay? Healthy?

@charles77 Nothing you can do about it now except to be better moving forward so stop worrying about it.

Your health is your number one priority now.

Congratulations and good luck.

@charles77 I quit vaping due to my sickness not allowing me to😅 the smell and even word “vape” instantly made me feel sick. Although I was at a house party a few weeks ago and used a friends vape mainly just because of stress relief and what have you.

I don’t do anything else that could impact my baby, and if I were to use another again, I’m sure they’d be fine. At least you’re not drinking, doing drugs or smoking. Your baby will be fine

@charles77 My friend smoked cigarettes and her doctor told her quitting cold turkey when pregnant is really hard and the stress is likely worse for her baby than a rare moment of weakness. Stay strong Mama, be kind to yourself ❤️

@charles77 My mother smoked her entire pregnancy with me and i turned out fine lol. Honestly the stress of quitting is probably worse than smoking itself. Try to cut back as much as you can but don’t beat yourself up if you have to take a hit.
I am 34 weeks pregnant with my girl as well and I smoked weed the first 6 months and even had a few drinks (I didn’t know I was pregnant for a while) and she’s actually BIGGER than she’s supposed to be. She’s perfectly healthy, it was also the only thing that gave me any sort of sleep and appetite since I was always so nauseous. Im sure you’ll be okay

@charles77 My friend smoked and vaped igets (50mg) through her entire pregnancy and baby came out fine. My mum chain smoked during her pregnancy with me and I’m fine. I’m finding it realllly hard to quit vaping and I’m 22 weeks. I’ve cut down a lot but I work at a vape shop and have been vaping for 8 years. Before that I smoked for 14 years. The stress of going cold turkey is hectic and I have panic attacks. I think just doing the best you can (for mama) will be the best for baby. I’m sick of the shame and ridicule from people, especially those who don’t actually understand what is in a vape. If people knew they’re all ingesting nicotine and glycerine and glycol daily anyway, without vaping, maybe they wouldn’t be so judgey. One puff isn’t going to hurt your baby. It’s more toxic to walk down the street and breathe in car fumes, let alone using products like windex etc around the house x