Uncontrolled sobbing at my wife telling me I am safe and loved

@cece_lee16 It’s a wild thing isn’t it. My life has been absolutely peachy in comparison but I never really had emotional support. It turned into me, without knowing becoming the ‘protector’ or burden bearer in a lot of my friend and family relationships. When my now wife and I had to put down our dog in Covid times only one of us was allowed into the vet. Since it was her dog she went in and I was distraught out in the car park. A few weeks later after we’d healed slightly my wife let me know she hadn’t told me about the whole process and that she’d been keeping the worst parts from me to help me get through it. She’d taken on the burden for me and that in itself absolutely floored me. To have someone who will love and sacrifice for you is honestly the best feeling I’ve had in my life, it’s allowed me to open up more, share more and our relationship is incredible because of this. Your wife sounds like a winner mate and I hope you two can have an incredible fulfilling life together.

@cece_lee16 Sorry for all the pain and loss fellow dad. I have different family trauma and my wife has been my rock supporting me through everything too, and me with her. It's amazing how life changing having someone like that by your side can be.

@cece_lee16 I’m so sorry things have been so difficult with the family you’ve been given but it sounds like you’ve done a great job with the family you’ve chosen!

I very much appreciate your honesty and vulnerability and wish you continued feelings of love and safety.

@cece_lee16 Thanks for sharing Brother. I’m glad you are safe and loved. I am too. My wife had a ton of emotional baggage to get through to get to ‘me’, I often wonder why she put the work in. She could have quit any time, but that’s not her. I’m happy you have found the same thing.

@cece_lee16 My wife and I share those exact words every time we’re having a difficult time. We’re all just damaged kids trying to protect ourselves from the danger we grew up in. It’s difficult to see past it when you’ve made it out of that life.

@cece_lee16 I’m glad you found a person that makes you feel that way dude. The love of a good woman, or man or person - anyone who can make you feel that way - is this kind of unspeakable good thing.

At our core we’re that vulnerable thing that gave you that release when it was seen. You’re still the dude that holds it together when it counts. She saw it and didn’t look away. Keep her.