Turning Old Fitteds into Inserts

ntenda

I impulse bought 25 very used condition size 2 bamboozles fitteds (in worse wear than the picture I've used for reference) for $2 a piece, but know I won't be excited to put them on my baby compared to the shinier newer diapers I'm picking up. I prefer prefolds, pockets, or fitteds that are stretchy with aplix in general.

I was thinking that cutting up the diapers would provide me with 50 inserts for covers or pocket diapers or boosters for AIO's (each diaper has an attached booster). But I feel a bit guilty about chopping them up because the diapers are all functional and the snaps work etc. so wondering if I should pass them back on to someone that will use them as they were intended?

Has anyone done something like that? Not worth the trouble? Wasteful?

Ok thanks for the feedback, I'm going to cut one up and see how absorbent they are and how much I like them and then decide whether to resell or chop the rest, nothing like pregnancy brain and restashing all at once to make you second guess yourself!

@ntenda Honestly if you’re second guessing cutting them up, you could probably easily resell them to someone who wants to use them as is and get your money back. Either way it’s not a big deal, don’t beat yourself up over cutting them up.

@ntenda I cut up old receiving blankets to use as liners... if you already own a thing and it dosnt work for its intended purpose but you can up-cycle it to something that does work, I don’t see why not.

Yes, I could probably find someone to use my old blankets. And you might be able to find someone who intends to use those for their intended purpose. But, you already own them and are going to use a huge piece of them in this new project.