Tip For Batch Making

mantius

Hey everyone. I just wanted to share one of the best things I ever did for batch making formula. It has saved me a ridiculous amount of time, and I know for sure I’m getting exactly the right amount of formula in every single batch.

First off, I bought a Dr Browns Formula Mixer. They’re like $12 and it’s amazing.

Second, I bought a scale with a precision of 0.1 grams. This is important so you can get exactly the right amount of powder set aside. I bought this one and it has served me very well: https://a.co/d/cgaz6u2

Calculating the amount of powder to use is simple. Check how many grams of powder there is in one scoop, and multiply it by the amount of scoops you’d need to use to make a bottle or batch.

Example, if it takes 12 scoops to make 24oz of formula, and a scoop is 9.6g, just multiply 9.6x12 = 115.2g.

Tare the scale to 0 so it excludes the weight of whatever bowl you choose to use, dump powder into the bowl until you hit 115.2g, then mix.

I hate making sure I have properly packed or level scoops and doing it 12 times, plus guaranteed human error of over or under measuring the powder. This changed my life. I hope it does yours too.

TLDR: get a precision scale of 0.1 grams and measure the proper amount of powder to make whatever quantity of formula you’re going for.

Back