They're here!

aleesha

At 34 + 3, di/di boys came by c-section yesterday on 4/20/2024 (yes my husband is a 13yo boy at heart and yes he was excited).

Two weeks of contractions that kept going down from 10 to finally 5 minutes apart, anti-contraction meds, a round of bethametasone for their lungs, and then finally the loss of mucus plug on Friday morning. Went to L & D with back spasms and shortness of breath on Saturday morning and was 4cm dilated with worsening pre-eclampsia.

C-section took a total of 45 minutes to an hour and happened after us being at the hospital for maybe 3 hours prior to it. Baby A came out swinging at almost 6lbs and Baby B was at 4lbs on the dot, 17in and 16in respectfully. Both crying and breathing on their own! 🥰

Both babes now in NICU and on feeding tubes but no other interventions!!! I fully credit the steroid shots for their strong little lungs, parents to be please don't skip this if it's offered!!! 😍

I love this community, I don't think I would have made it mentally without y'all these last 8 months. Congratulations to everyone else who have their little miracles and a big "you got this!" to those still waiting!

@aleesha Congratulations!! My boys were born yesterday too and my husband has also been making jokes about the date 😂 Hope everything goes well with your recovery and NICU stay!

@mhil43 It's a palindrome day too though so that's neat! 4202024 is the same forward and backward. They'll just always have to include the 24 when making like emails or usernames haha 😆

@aleesha Congratulations mama 🎉🎉👏🏻 you did it, must have been such a relief and happiness to see them.

if you don't mind can you share your c section experience a bit more in detail? How big of an incision did they make, how is your recovery going? Also an update on nicu stay duration.

I took the steroid shot recently as a precaution, but was still thinking was it really necessary, thanks for validating the need.

I am scheduled to deliver between May 6 to 16, depending on how I progress! Both anxious and excited at the same time.

@mysticjim Recovery is going okay so far! I actually got out of bed today and was free of any IV leads and catheters and such. I haven't seen the incision myself but it's basically hip to hip. They will most likely be here at least a week.

@aleesha Ohhh great to hear you are recovering well, and thank you for responding even when you are in hospital.
I hope you get to take home your babies soon !

@aleesha Congratulations! My b/g twins were born 4 weeks ago at 33+3 after originally going into labour at 31 + 1. We also took the steroids for their lungs and magnesium sulfate for their brains. 12 days in hospital and they are home and thriving. I definitely have no regrets about taking the steroids and the MS!

@bri4christ It helps to boost their lung development so they can breathe more easily on their own. Most beneficial if you're in or going into pre term labor. Neither one has needed any breathing intervention thus far and I fully credit the shot 🙌🏻🙏🏻

@aleesha Congratulations!!!!! I have two sets of twins, one is two boys and they are the absolute bestest of friends, it’s a wonderful (extremely difficult) experience.

Back