Thermometers shouldn’t be this hard.

graemehoodless

We have a rectal thermometer that seems to work ok but I don’t want to use it every time. We have two other thermometers that can do ear/forehead and they’re AWFUL. Not sure that I’ve ever gotten an accurate reading. Both of them require me to cuss and do a certain dance and pray to the Gods before it maybe gives me an accurate reading to then give been a huge difference in number 3 tries later. Any recs for one that actually works

@graemehoodless I have the Braun ear one and it seems to be accurate! It doesn’t give me the exact same reading if I do multiple readings but it’s very close each time. It’ll be like 36.5, 36.4 and then 36.6. I feel like that’s reasonable.

@godisnotreal6969 I also have this Braun one but have to say my experience is much worse. We definitely see larger swings between measurements and between ears. We don’t really trust it.

We basically just stick with the rectal one. It’s easy and accurate. Plus my daughter seems to prefer it compared to the ear one (she really dislikes it being put in her ear). We use the Frida one which makes it so easy (no concerns about over insertion)