"The Wagon Stroller Will be a Waste of Money Without a Sibling..."

@muya Wow…it’s really fucked up that he almost sees you as an incubator and not a beloved human being who almost died birthing their last child.

@snpdoll11 One more only child parent with a wagon weighing in to say it works beautifully for one kid. There is more room in the wagon for your stuff that way.

@snpdoll11 I got it into my head a few weeks ago I needed a wagon.

I’ve been seeing the VEER ones but that price tag??? Nah.

But.. my only kid is 4. Do I even need a wagon? M
Hmm.

Couldn’t stop thinking about it. Caved, and got a mix fancy one half off for $200! DELIGHT.

Then we went to the beach and I was SO GLAD I had a wagon cause EVERYBODY has a wagon and I would have probably died of envy and/or ordered that damn veer one $$$$ be damned.

I know it’s not about the wagon but get you a wagon they’re great.

@redeemed20300 "I know it’s not about the wagon but get you a wagon they’re great."

No, I'm actually loving all the answers that actually are about the wagon because I haven't actually bought it yet but these responses are affirming my suspicion that it's worth it!

A lot of people at my local mall have the Jeep one but I checked and it's $300 0_0; !!!! I'm eyeing the Radio Flyer for $150.

@snpdoll11 Yes!! Get the wagon!

Oh man. The veer one starts at $700. I KNOW RIGHT???

Throw the whole husband out though. His resentment isn’t going anywhere.

(I wholeheartedly support one and done. I’m firmly in that camp if only cause I would need an even bigger wagon)

@redeemed20300 Oh man, I just checked it out, you're right!? Holy shit, that's an expensive stroller. ...Imagine having that kind of disposable income!

Man, for that price that stroller better be able to do everything from make my morning coffee to grading my students' assignments, geez!

@snpdoll11 I call bullshit.

My kid has room for extra toys or to lay down and chill when he wants.

Gtfo.

(Also your husband needs to check himself.) I hope you're on birth control. He sounds like the type to put holes in condoms.

Good luck OP! You're not alone.

@cmq8775 I think my kid having a place to lay down while we're out and about would be awesome! I used to love just walking one end of the mall to the other, just seeing sights and hearing sounds.

Now maybe I can start toting my little buddy around, let him take a little snooze while I get my walking in. Sounds really chill for both of us, actually.

(And yeah, I'm on the most effective form of birth control -- celibacy. Ain't I such a freak'n saint?)

@snpdoll11 I LOVE having one kiddo. He's 5.5 now.

We got so lucky to have the most amazing kid. He's so freaking smart, funny, kind, empathic.

He walked up to me today and goes, mommy...imagine 45 kids just full of peanut butter fingers running around the house

I had no words bc that's a literal nightmare. Hahaha! So clever. He just laughed himself silly and went to plot more ways to bug me.

@snpdoll11 Get the wagon. We spent a little more money than we usually would feel comfortable doing on a luxury wagon- the WonderFold Wagon. We purchased the 4-seater even though we only have our little 2 year old. It has elevated seats, so she’s not sitting on the floor of the wagon, has a bunch of accessories like a snack tray, cup holders, winter cover, mosquito net, etc., and it’s a dream to push. Like I can take it anywhere on any surface and it’s still super easy to push an maneuver. Trust me, get a wagon. And maybe get a good therapist for YOU…

@snpdoll11 Wagon strollers aren’t common in the UK, but I wish they were! That would make trips to the zoo awesome. And my 2.5yr old is out-weighing her lightweight stroller and I don’t want to have to fork out for another!

@snpdoll11 I have a wagon for my one.

When you go to the zoo, or really any place where you end up carrying a lot of crap (drinks, snacks, etc.) it IS the tits. Extra room to stash it so you don't have to juggle it or haul it on your back.

@snpdoll11 I have friends that don’t have small children and use theirs to go to the beach. My coteacher from last year used hers to lug all of her grading and such around. They’re hella useful!!!

@snpdoll11 We just got a wagon! Not a stroller wagon, but a $60 wagon to try out... and it is AWESOME. It makes me want a super fancy canopy thingamabob. He loves it, we can plop him there with a couple of toys and a snack and wander all over the place and he is content as can be.

@snpdoll11 I just got my wagon today for my only son!! I’m so excited to pull him and only him around! This wagon is like what a classic car is to a rich man. I’m like “look at the features! It has a canopy and cup holders and it can fold up! It’s red and is a Radio Flyer with an extendable handle!!” I could go on, but we’ll stop there. You get the point. I can’t wait to pick up my son from daycare and pull him around in it. He liked my parents’ wagon, which was the classic metal one (my mom uses it for gardening). So I got one specifically to pull my son around in.

We 100% OAD. Just sharing my story to you know it’s not weird at all to have a wagon for one child. I plan on keeping this thing for as long as I can and I can’t wait to pull his friends around in it. I’m thinking it’ll be great for summer parades and stuff like that.

@snpdoll11 I also feel you on the husband thing. Really easy to want more when you don’t so most of the work. My husband is passive aggressive af and we’re in counseling and it’s really helping. You can’t be resentful or it will start eating away at you. Set a virtual counseling appointment, basically minimal commitment. My husband was hesitant too. I told him if you don’t want counseling you don’t care about our marriage enough and it will probably end in divorce. He decided to give it a try. Really he was afraid she’d tell him what he’s doing wrong, and she did and it worked. Keep trying, I asked 100 times before I put my foot down and he agreed.

@tjb_goingintobattle He's refused virtual counseling as well. Mine's not hesitant he's 100% refused. I've asked way more than 100 times over the years. So, we've both put all of our feet down. All feet are down.

There will be no more energy wasted on that futile endeavor, on my part.