Talk me in or out of an additional baby carrier

veronicaplr

Ok, we have the following:

-Baby K’tans. My husband likes his, I hate mine. Baby likes it.

-Sakura Bloom ring sling-I use this every day to go on walks/get stuff done around the house. Baby likes it.

-inherited Lillebaby of some sort that I haven’t really explored yet.

Baby is 5 weeks old. I am interested in a Happy Baby carrier but maybe I’m just bored and want to buy stuff? I really like the ease of the ring sling but maybe as he gets bigger/heavier it won’t always be the best option? I kind of want a second ring sling but that is almost certainly just me wanting to buy stuff for myself 😂

My mom will be helping out with childcare once I start back to work. Baby likes being worn and likes going on walks. Mom likes going on walks. See where I’m going with this? Mom can’t always get my dog’s harness on correctly so if she is going to wear baby it needs to be REALLY easy.

So what do y’all think? Could mom manage the Happy Baby? Will I want an additional carrier? Am I just wanting to buy stuff I don’t need?

Thanks!

@veronicaplr I deliberated for 3 months before buying Happy Baby Carrier. Now I regret why I didn’t buy it three months earlier. IMO it is the easiest, convenient and most comfy carrier out there. If in doubt you can join their FB group for more questions or there is a small company that lets you try them for $30ish before you buy the actual one. I would suggest you to buy it and you won’t regret the purchase.

@veronicaplr What you are experiencing is SO normal when you get into babywearing! I had to stop myself from buying carriers and wraps because I can only use so many. I decided I would rather have a couple that I used ALOT than spend hundreds on multiple ones that I used occasionally.

Lillebaby's are great carriers! I found ring slings difficult to wear for a longer period of time when my kids got heavier, I could never feel balanced and didn't like losing function of one arm. I haven't used a Happy Baby. Your mum should be able to figure out a Lillebaby, it's pretty simple in the realm of babywearing/carriers.

@veronicaplr We have an ergo we get a lot of use out of. When they are newborns we carry them around the house, as they get older (now 8months) I put baby on my back when we go hiking with the big kids where we can’t take a stroller. Currently we do back carry. Lot since we have to run errands and I’m not comfortable putting baby in a shopping cart with the current pandemic. I definitely suggest getting something you can easily slip on for a back carry

@veronicaplr How old will baby be when your mom starts taking care of him/her?

I think the BabyBjorn, once adjusted to the wearer, is the easiest to put on and off. Backclips like LilleBebe and Ergo are not that hard but definitely requires lots of practice.

I think that your mom should have her own carrier, so that the settings always stay the same and will make it easier.

Does your mom want to babywear? I love my mom and she LOVES her grandchildren, but won’t/cannot wear them.

@andujartyler He’ll be 2 months. Mom is interested but not the kind of person who will persevere if it is complicated. Honestly I am intimidated by the Lillebaby, so many straps. But I was intimidated by the ring sling too so maybe I just need to watch some videos and build confidence.

@veronicaplr If you can go to Target or BuyBuyBaby, both stores have the LilleBaby, Ergo and Babybjorn on display. You can usually test them (or at least show them to your mom), so she’ll get a better idea.

It took me a few times to get comfortable with the LilleBaby, but now I really like it.

Back