Taking Cara Babies v Ferber

@amanda2of4 I didn’t know that! A friend gifted me the TCB course. But knowing that now about the Ferber book, if I were the one paying, I would’ve gone that route!

@extiff TCB is a form of ferber imo. You do let them cry but TCB has pop-ins so they aren't just doing extinction method. We used TCB and it worked by night two - but like you, my son was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks (he's now 21 weeks).

@extiff We were having issues with our 4-5 month old where he would sleep from 7-8 but wake up at 8 and then be up for 3 hours trying to get him back down. We did Ferber (it luckily only took us like 1 day of crying) and we started a really good nighttime routine and the problem completely stopped! I don’t rock him to sleep anymore (my husband rocks him almost to sleep) I get in a few cuddles and I put him down and max 15 mins later he’s asleep. He just rolls around until he’s found a comfy position and then he’s out.

@extiff Join some fb groups that does sleep training or read about peoples experiences on this subreddit. Don’t pay people because you’re sleep deprived. You know your baby the best. Believe he can figure it out and give it a chance after reading all the information.

@kingdomkings I'm somewhat new here and have only briefly interacted with the Taking Cara Babies materials. Would be helpful to hear why she's seen as problematic.

(I'm about to have my third and am planning to read Precious Little Sleep since I see it referenced so much on this sub. My biggest resource for sleep stuff with the older two had been the Weissbluth book.)

Back