Summer fridays!

nek1

I requested 3 weeks of summer vacay due to combo of real vacay and daycare closures. I counted and taking all fridays off july- mid sept was only like an extra 5 days so I asked if I could have them off (even if l unpaid) and my boss approved it. My hubby gets all fridays off in summer ( supposedly works 4 10s) and I wanted to match up our schedules. Im testing out 4 day work week to see if I want it permanently. Anyway- today is my first summer friday and it feels so weird!!!! What should I do? Little is in daycare because we pay for it and he loves it.

Edit. Little is sleeping in which he only does when sick soooo maybe my first summer friday will be hanging w a sick kid!

Edit 2: thanks for rejoicing w me. We ended up using the ResortPass app to hang out at a local pool for the day. It was a great treat and kept us from doing chores. We needed a lot of relaxation after hosting the in-laws for 10 days.!!

@juneie I am good at sneaking that into my work day. I am trying to make it a self care day but its easy to get sucked into chores!!!

@nek1 I have a similar schedule Fri-Sun off. Day out on Fridays are usually quieter than weekends less queues and crowds. And then a very lazy weekend.
Kids in school on Friday = Spa day for me.

@nek1 I now have Fridays off too. It still doesn’t feel real. I’ve been cleaning and now doing a transition on our car seats. I gave myself permission to not do those things today, but can’t pass up the opportunity to get stuff done in peace.

(My son is older and he has part time care for some of the Fridays in the summer.)

@mormonmartini I used to clean more before kiddo. House is clean enough but now I like to have cleaners come 1 a month to do deep clean and we just maintain. I really want to use the time for something more self care oriented! We went to a pool and it was fun.

@nek1 I deep clean my bathrooms and floors, pick up the toys/clutter, and catch up on laundry. Then I do whatever the hell I want the rest of the day. It’s magical.

@nek1 Going to the beach, or into the woods, or to a spa, trail running, exercising, drinking coffee, or going for lunch with a friend, or just watching Netflix or reading a book all day while eating chocolate, so many opportunities

I love my free day (free of work & kids).

Back