How do you baby wear during the summer?

@the_creation_center Oof last summer was rough (I have a September baby but where I live on the West Coast it's still hot until November lol 😪)

Especially because we used the stretchy wraps exclusively since she was so tiny. I have a very thin stretchy wrap that I was hoping would be better but I never figured out how to use it, felt like my baby just slipped right out! My fave stretchy wrap is by kea babies but it is not good in the sun/heat...

I think for outings I will probably stick with my hope and plum Lark apron SSC, which is made of linen or hemp...

I also have a linen ring sling that I imagine would be the best (more breathable material, thinner than a SSC) but I have not been able to figure out how to use it properly! The ring sling baffles me, but if I can figure it out I definitely want to reach for that one on hot days!

ETA: in the summer I also try to wear clothing and dress my baby in appropriate clothing for baby wearing. So maybe have them in just a onesie, and sometimes I'll wear just a cami or even a longline sports bra (especially if I'm just walking outside or at home, not going to a fancy restaurant or anything haha)

Back