Summer carriers

leilanee

Any experience with naked panda and/or aloha&light?
I love their designs and A&L is dropping a new collection soon, but is it worth the $$$? I rented a NPD onbuhimo to test before summer but I cannot figure it out or get comfy in it, my 3 month old HATES it. I love my Tula FTG but I need something that can go in the water.
Are NPD and Aloha&Light worth the money? Or should I just save half the money and invest in a Integra Solar?

@pashapotte Splash pads, etc. Many outdoor attractions in my area have water misters throughout (very hot weather) so I'd like a carrier that can withstand water exposure while chasing my toddler around

@leilanee Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both NP & A&L are small businesses making their own carriers. I've seen good reviews for them here, but I'm not sure their carriers are miles better than a carrier made in a factory. It's more of a conscious consumerism thing, supporting an independent person trying to make a living wage vs a corporation. It totally depends on your budget and wants, I myself have a mix of carriers from small and large companies.

Onbuhimos are very awkward for front wear, they really shine with older babies/toddlers.

@leilanee Personally I don't like the fit of either NPD or A&L onbuhimos. A&L does have the ecofin that I have not tried, but as far as value to price, the integra is a really good choice. It also packs down super small, which is handy if you ever need to travel with it.

@leilanee Integra solar can be used in water. I personally don’t own solar but I love my regular (cotton twill) one. It’s an apron style carrier with lightly padded shoulder straps. Can be worn on the front, back and I believe hip carry is possible too.

Back