Struggling with not working out in early pregnancy

@hibernos Sometimes your body needs rest more than it needs exercise. You didn't gain all your progress in 6 months, you're not going to lose it in 6 months either. Take it easy, recover, and do what you can when you can. Don't make it worse by pushing when your body is telling you to back off. Growing a human is hard work.

@hibernos I am 16w4d. I made a conscious effort to not be too hard on myself throughout the first tri. I also have a very active job and barely made it through the day without crying lol. I didn’t even try to workout on the days I worked. Over the weekend I would do what I can, if I felt up to it (a lot of walks and some light body weight workouts if I could manage). I feel like it was so worth it. Second tri has been so much better and I really feel like I bounced back quicker because my body didn’t need time to recover from overdoing it during the first trimester. I’m having some pregnancy pains but I’m taking vitamins to help with the headaches (they completely went away) and the fatigue is way more manageable because I am more able to move around now lol. The bloating went away and I barely look or feel pregnant. I am back to my regular workout routine, just exchanged one day of weight lifting for yoga to help with the aches and pains. I don’t feel like I lost any functional strength. It should hopefully get better, hang in there!!!! Listen to your body!

@hibernos I had bad nausea & fatigue during the first trimester & worked out rarely. Around 13 weeks the nausea subsided & I got back into my routine 3 days lifting, 2 days HIIT & hiking on weekends. Now 23 weeks & it's feeling great. This is my 2nd pregnancy so I know I'll hv to reduce the HIIT towards the mid 3rd trimester as during my first pregnancy last month was difficult to do anything other than walking & a bit of weights.

@hibernos I want to comment to offer support and thank you for posting as this relates to me. I am very active running 5 days a week throughout my life! Since I was a kid. I am apprx 7 weeks.. I have worked out twice in 2 weeks. When I ran yesterday morning it was painful on my body. It also made my constant nausea worse. I am with you on this. Working out is so important for mental health. Sending positive vibes

Back