Stop telling me I'm going to ruin my kids!

whitebird

Is anyone else tired of seeing Internet "articles" about all the ways you are setting your child up for failure? I feel like I'm bombarded by internet pieces that are claiming if I do (or don't do) A, B, or C then my toddler will be unable to do X, Y, or Z as an adult.

@whitebird It's clickbait garbage man, they're trying to make you mad so you'll open the link

Kiwi browser is the only mobile browser I've found that allows extensions like adblock and ublock origin to work on android. It works a treat.

@whitebird Look those are lame af for making good parents like you feel bad. But I am immune to those because i literally don't see them. In two ways: I honestly don't come across that nonsense and if I did I would ignore it so completely that the effect would be as though i hadn't seen it.

What I'm saying OP is that you are right to think it's BS and I respectfully suggest that you give it even less attention because it has no merit.

@squeaker1 This. I kind of wonder if OP is clicking these things too to see what they are about and making the situation worse. I mean I never get any kinds of articles or blogs pushed on me like that. If the odd one comes across my feed I barely even notice it anymore. I just don't really care what other people think of my parenting. Everyone has an opinion on how to parent, if other people's opinions upset you then absolutely ignore it. It's not even worth taking offense over. As long as you feel confident in your parenting abilities and are being safe, then just think of it like white noise and filter it out.

@katrina2017 I second this, also may I recommend that you, OP, think critically about what it is you worry will "ruin" your children and look up proper scientific research and articles from reputable sources. Then think about whether what you are doing is "as bad" and move from there. Scaremongering is usually full of misinformation and unrealistic threats.

@ancientof I'm big on data driven and scientifically based information, so I don't click on any of the links. But these garbage articles still invade my "news" feeds daily and it drives me nuts.

Back