Solution found - kind of

joshuaamosley

Hi ! I thought I’d share an update on an issue I had with LO’s sleep in case someone might find it useful. I made this post about struggling with my 6 month old’s sleep

https://www.reddit.com/r/AttachmentParenting/s/lWdYnJi3Yj

We decided to do a week of testing different conditions to see what might work. And voila turns out the culprit was lack of space! We had him sleep on a big king size mattress all by himself with husband and I on the floor next to him and he has been sleeping great with just 3 wakes all of which are without any crying and just for food! Now the problem is that it’s hard to make this solution sustainable. He clearly seems to need all the space - he rolls from one side of the mattress all the way to another. However I really wouldn’t want to sleep on the floor for the foreseeable future… we don’t have a lot of space so our options seem to be - replace our current king size bed with a huge family bed (requires more money and waste of existing bed, but nice to sleep all together), me sleeping at the foot of LO’s mattress in the other room and have my husband stay in our bedroom (not ideal being apart but okay), put LO’s big mattress in our bedroom next to our bed (pretty much leaves no space for anything and a bit difficult to see him from the top of the bed). Thoughts? Anyone had similar issues and found a not too difficult solution ?

@joshuaamosley I don’t have a solution for you, I can say I’d probably lean towards baby in his own room with you at the foot of the bed with the aim thar eventually you could go back to your room with the baby monitor, but this really has to be up to your comfort levels. Could I ask you what other conditions you tested out? We are having huge issues with my daughters sleep (almost 6 months) and just can’t figure out what’s going wrong.

@graceabound I think we might try this out yep, thanks! We tried different foods / times he ate solids, different sleeping locations (ie crib, sidecar crib, co sleeping on different sides of the bed), different number of naps and wake window lengths before bed, different room temperatures / humidity, tried having husband respond to his wake ups some of the time …