Sleep n' Plays

jembang

Ok so my 7 month boy/girl twins are pretty tall and are barely fitting into their Sleep n' Play outfits which are size 9months. I've been looking high and low for size 12 or 18month Sleep n' Play outfits. Those that I have found are too long, like REALLY long and very slim-fit. There's a huge disparity between the 9month and 12month sizes at least for the Carter's brand and that which I've seen at Target.

Question: does anyone have any advice about this? Is there a brand that's best for this? Any advice will help.

@jembang I really like footless pjs and rompers for when the babies are kind of between sizes. When their footie pjs are too short, but the next size up is way too long. Footless pjs in the size that fits and socks!

@jembang At the 12-month size they have to switch to the rules for toddler pajamas- which requires either snug fitting clothes or come retardant fabric/treatment. Fleece will be looser than cotton, as fleece is synthetic and won’t catch fire so well. We always wore carters or target, but I’m sure someone will be able to recommend a different brand that “runs tall” for you!

Some people find their sleepers last a bit longer by cutting out the feet?

@deegee823 We're probably going to cut the feet off their sleepers at some point to cut costs for a bit. I might even take them to get done at a local tailor so it's a bit more polished.

@jembang Like others mentioned, footless pjs have generally worked best for us. We have more of a problem of our twins being low on the weight chart for their age but average/above average in length. So, things that fit their body are generally too short if they have feet (and things that fit their length are too big around). So, they often look like they are wearing capris. Little Sleepies have been the most versatile and long lasting pjs for us - we bought them zip-up pjs well over a year ago that they somehow still fit really well in (it's weird). They are expensive, but we keep a few sets in our rotation and they've lasted longer than any other pieces of clothing we've purchased.

Back