Should I find a new daycare?

@luckyduckydoo The fact that they were on their phones all day with you, a parent, present to see it, shows how little they care about how they interact with the kids. I would not be comfortable here.

@luckyduckydoo Not normal. However I worked at a daycare in college and we had more than one 4 year old swearing. I’ll never forget my first hotline call.. preschoolers playing kitchen and the one kid wanted to be the dad. The kid picks up the plastic pan and screams “you can’t make anything right you dumb bitch” and told the other kid “oh now you lay on the ground and cry and say don’t kill me while I hit the walls like this..:”

You cannot control what a parent does at home or what they find acceptable, HOWEVER the staff should be responding to that behavior immediately and shutting it down. You should find a new daycare.

@paparazi257 Most of the time kids are funny and play exactly what they see and it’s usually hysterical. Every now and then it’s heartbreaking. Usually it’s “okay I’m going to cook and you look for keys the whole time.” Or they cook and say “you’re too loud we don’t kazoo in the kitchen!” “No that has too much sugar.. is this chicken free rage?” “Well do you want a POOP SANDWICH?!” “Oh this paper is the dress up days for school I’m putting it on the fridge even though it stresses mom RIGHT OUT.”

We usually know exactly what goes on at home and it’s hysterically relatable.. like 98% of the time. The 2% crushes your soul sometimes.

@luckyduckydoo There will be rough and trouble maker kids in the class that won't change. However it's how the teachers handle it. My daughter just had a kid kicked out because he wouldn't stop hitting, pulling hair and being mean. Her daycare has a policy in place with teaching lessons for school and at home and if the behavior doesn't improve, they put the safety of all the students first. Also they should absolutely not be on their phones. They are there to do more than "watch" your kids they need to be interacting with them in an educational way. As many others said, talk to the admin and find out what rules and policies and action plans they have in place. I would specifically ask how the situation with those kids was handled and lf it continues what the follow-up plan is.