Shared in my wife's FB Mom's Group

@angelhumble I'm so sorry your group made you feel that way. I've been really lucky with my mom groups being overall very supportive. Dealing with everything from teaming up to support a group member during an actual house fire, to a mom's toddler passing away in a tragic accident, to celebrating successes after secondary infertility, etc.

(I'm a Doula and you might benefit from some actual processing of your experience. Doulas are good with that, and lots of times DONA-trained Doulas offer inexpensive sessions while pursuing certification.)

Also, this is a great organization if you've never heard of it: http://www.ican-online.org/

@mizm Sometimes there’s just no being reasonable on those groups. Someone posted a few photos of their toddler where the pupil of one eye was reflecting white in the photos and asked what it could be. I have a friend whose daughter was diagnosed with retinal cancer as a baby after having the same thing and she’s always sharing information about it and urging people to get it checked. So, I commented very gently telling the lady that it can sometimes be the first symptom of this kind of cancer, and that she should take him to the doctor since she clearly had concerns anyway. I got absolutely ripped apart by all these women saying I was scaring her for no reason, ridiculous. Retinoblastoma is easily caught now everyone has a camera in their pockets and if I didn’t know about it and had the same concerns I’d want someone to tell me. I really hope it wasn’t but I don’t know the outcome.

@mizm Damn, the facebook group for local mums I'm on is so dull, the most excitement I ever found there was when someone asked people what they thought about the town's maternity clinic and everyone seemed to hate it and the midwives there.

@mizm This shit is why I left two mom groups I was reluctant to be added to in the first place. Baby-wearers are worse than your average moms, in my experience.

I can't with the nonsense.