Seattle moms and traveling moms please help

aaronq10

Hi! I live in AZ and travel for work to Seattle. Read: I have no warm or rain clothes- ESP of the business casual variety.

I’m planning to bring a Patagonia nano puff and a lululemon always effortless jacket. Both are quite thin, but the lulu I believe is waterproof and has a hood. Under that I will just wear ankle length (ha) work pants and blouses. I’m used to working from home for the past 6 years.

I plan to bring 1 loafer and 1 pair of white reboks that im planning to wear to a client event. I always plan to explore the city for dinner (staying downtown) and wear jeans/top and the above jackets w reboks.

Does this all sound appropriate/warm enough? Thruthfully I don’t really have a choice as I’m going next week, but maybe I can plan for the future. Are the sneakers okay for client casual meetings and in the city?

Lastly, I’d love to find an ahi crusted tuna, preferably over wonton chips. I understand that’s a big ask but I’ve been craving it for years. Otherwise, just downtown recs for food is awesome ome (sushi, ramen, pho, Thai).

I appreciate any help!

@aaronq10 Seattle isn't super-formal, so I think your plans sound fine - but if it's raining those white Reeboks might get a little dingy if you're walking outside a lot. I used to live in Seattle and now live in Portland (so, pretty similar weather) and wear mostly dark shoes/boots if I'm walking around in the rain to cut down on the mud/wet street dirt factor.

Back