Random baby girl name poll

happykitsune

Hi! We cant decide on a name for our daughter. I want to throw it out to the reddit world to see what people think. Our main factors are: 1) a name that is the same in english and italian (my husband is from rome and i am american), 2) ideally not too common/trendy but not overly obscure, 3) something to do with either roman or welsh heritage, 4) a little mystical.

Top choices so far:
1. Silvia
2. Sabrina
3. Sophia
4. Maya
5. Cassandra
6. Romina
7. Arianna
8. Livia

What do you think? Other ideas??

Thank you :D

@happykitsune Maya is very common for babies and toddlers right now in my state, no idea why…

Livia just sounds to me like Olivia, which was the #1 most popular baby name in the US for the last five consecutive years. Definitely the most trendy name you could choose.

The others I think would match your goals and are lovely.

@happykitsune I like this selection - I think Maya & Arianna would be favourites.

Just some extra ideas (not necessarily better but some options!):
Gaia, Emilia, Allegra, Greta, Viviana, Evelina, Valentina, Susanna, Adelina, Violetta.

@happykitsune
  1. I don’t like Silvia, to my it’s dated and reminds me of an old woman. It also reminds me of saliva… I do know that Sylvia and Sylvie are both trendy at the moment though
  2. I don’t love it or hate it
  3. Super trendy and common (Australia)
  4. I like Maya
  5. Cassandra to me is dated, I went to school with a few Cassandras and can’t imagine a baby with the name
  6. Not a fan
  7. Initial thoughts are Arianna Grande and the memes that come with that
  8. Olivia is one of the most popular names in Australia/UK/USA so I’ve seen a lot of people use Livia and Alivia instead, I’d avoid it if you don’t want common/trendy
Of your list, my pick would be Maya

@happykitsune What about Romana instead? I think Romana feels a little more straight forward in terms of pronunciation, whereas I hesitate for a seconds with Romina - thinking is it ROmina or RAHmina or roMINa or ROmeena.
Also, what about just Roma? That would be my favorite by far and clearly would be using your husbands home city as a namesake, which is special.

Back