Prenatal Gummy Suggestions?

@woodlittle I like Nature’s made because they are USP certified (not sure if the gummies are or not, I take the pills). This means that they have had their vitamins tested by a third party and certified that what’s in them is actually in them. While I’m quite sure that’s true for all the others, it makes me feel a lot better knowing it’s been tested. I have a lot of anxiety as well and this is something that assures me I get what I need!

@woodlittle I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles to swallow pills and relies on gummies! The prenatals are frickin huge, there's no way I can swallow them. I take vitafusion and they taste great. I also researched the differences and the gummies lack iron and calcium. My doc said to just take separate calcium and iron pills. I think that i overthink it and whatever i can get down, is the best for me.
Also, i plan to take a liquid iron supplement that doesn't affect my gut. It's called floradix and has riboflavin and thiamine.

@woodlittle Pink Stork makes some really tasty gummies that are packed with nutrients and vitamins too! I just swapped from Olly to those and I think they are my new favorite!

@woodlittle I took the smarty pants one for awhile but they changed the formula of one of the gummy flavors and it would literally make me vomit it tasted so vile. so i don't recommend them, they are also far more expensive than the other ones around it.

@woodlittle I look for ones with methyl-forms of B vitamins (folate, B12, etc), because they are most available for your body.

I take Rue, the women’s multi is capsules but they’re minty, so you don’t have nasty vitamin burps lol

As far as fish oil, I just eat but loads of salmon, sardines, mackerel, just lots of good, fatty, small fish (small fish are lower in mercury).

I forget which brand it is, but part of their marketing was that the vitamin was specific to fill in common gaps in nutrition based on normal diets, such as not including vitamin C because it’s so easy to eat high Vitamin C foods, so you don’t get “nutrient overflow”. Which seems smart.

Iron is also good, I would suggest desiccated liver tablets because it’s going to be better absorption and avoiding constipation like iron supplements.

Basically, focus on the high content foods of whatever nutrients your blood work shows you need, because that’s way more effective than any pill!!

@woodlittle I wad taking Olly and really liked the flavour. Like eating candy 🤪 but I did see a naturopath and she said gummies aren't as effective. I switched to Thorne (as per her recommendation) but they are 3 tablets daily...

@woodlittle I've been having trouble swallowing pills too. I never used to have that issue so it's frustrating. I got olly gummies from target which are super yummy imo. And I'm supplementing with flinstones with iron 😅 I feel like a kid again hahaha

Back