PPROM at 33.1 weeks B/G twins

archeologistica

After a few days of thinking I was just experiencing incontinence, woke up this morning and decided the “small leaks” were worth getting checked out. Turns out it was definitely amniotic fluid.

We’re admitted to hospital for antibiotics and steroids for babies. And sounds like we’ll be staying here until delivery (which they’re hoping can make it to 34)…

Even tho I knew twins can come early. I’m feeling so scared and overwhelmed. Also kicking myself for not coming in earlier, and so worried about the babies being OK this early.

Any positive experiences with PPROM would be appreciated. 💕

@archeologistica I was admitted to hospital with my first at 33 weeks and went into labour at 33+5. I was able to get steroid shots for baby’s lungs and I really think that definitely helped. Baby was 4lb 7oz at birth! When she was born, she didn’t need any help with breathing! Just needed to learn to feed and grow! We were in the NICU for 3 weeks when we were discharged.

Our little girl is a smart and lively almost 3 year old. She was slower to learn her gross motor skills but today, no one would know she crawled later than most other babies lol

@archeologistica PPROM at 33 weeks and gave birth at 34+5. Baby was 5lbs 6oz - 5 days in NICU as a feeder/grower and is doing well at home now at 3 months! Antepartum was difficult; try to catch up on some reading/tv shows. You’ve got this!!

@archeologistica Waters broke round twin 1 at 27+6 and I delivered both at 31+1 vaginally when he decided enough was enough. He was in NICU for 70 days and on oxygen for a further 6 weeks at home but he/they are perfect now 😀 you’ve made it to a good gestation. Look after yourself and let everyone look after you!

@archeologistica Listen friend - do not kick yourself for not going in earlier! Pregnancy does weird stuff to our bodies and it's so hard to know what's normal and what's not. With one of my pregnancies I had PPROM and I literally had no idea - I thought baby was just squashing my bladder and making me pee a bit!

So focus on the positives. You are there now. Babies have had their steriods. At 33 weeks they've had plenty of time to cook.

My son is in the NICU right now. He was born at 33+2. Luckily we got the steriods so he hasn't needed any breathing assistance, he just needs to learn to feed (not even fatten up as he was 5lbs 5oz at birth). Honestly I was scared like you to begin with but now I can see that this NICU stay isn't the end of the world.

Good luck OP! I hope your babies come out healthy and happy in a few weeks time!

Back