Positive pregnancy test

@macwabana I had to take the abortion pill when I miscarried and didn’t pass everything. It causes contractions, so my best advice is just look up laboring positions. I spent a lot of time on the bathroom floor on all fours with my legs out to the side like a frog.

Good luck 💙 really hoping your experience isn’t as bad as mine was.

@nmwriter Oh that’s odd to not have pain the cramps itself is way worse than regular period cramps. Everyone I came across that took it had experienced basically the same discomfort so good to see it’s some who didn’t have discomfort.

@robertcuadra Umm..it’s not a period. I understand wanting to destigmatize the process but calling it a period is misinformation. When you take the first pill you are ending the existence of the fetus which artificially causes you to miscarriage. That’s why you bleed and shed organic tissues. It’s not a period and it’s not safe to go under the assumption that it’s like a period. It’s a medically induced miscarriage, an abortion. If the abortion pills don't work and the pregnancy doesn't end correctly end, it can cause a lot of issues. Some of the pregnancy tissue can be left in the uterus which can lead to infection, blood clots in your uterus, etc.

And I want to make it clear that I’m not fighting with you or anything. You are just mislabeling it and I think that is dangerous considering OP and probably many other people didn’t even know what a Plan B was. You know?

@8675309 Only thing meant by period is bleeding for 1-2 weeks. I don’t understand how saying period is dangerous😂 the doctor literally told me it’s like a very heavy period with 2x the cramps for a few days. So maybe could’ve added “like a period”, but thanks for the extra information.

@revdale No, I have a heart condition and the medicine I take for it wouldn't mix well with the typical birth control pill. So I rely on condoms usually. Going forward, it's going to be always instead of usually..

@macwabana Please also look into the copper IUD if it’s something you’re able to get. No hormones, but there are other side effects (most commonly, worse cramping and heavier periods, so that might not work with your condition either).

@abeljeffries Right and I've definitely considered one of those before. It definitely wouldn't affect my heart, but I'm hesitant from the many women who've shared their stories about how much it hurts to get them put in and especially taken out. I already get pretty bad cramps when my period comes too.

@macwabana Honestly, insertion was the worst pain I've ever felt. Not going to lie to you. But! It's so very different for everyone AND the doctors can give you barbiturates or antianxiolytics to help calm you. Like an awake sedation. I'm not sure what country you're located in but, I was not offered this, nor was I told to take painkillers. Such is the way of American healthcare. Either way I would suggest an IUD. They are very effective and besides checking your strings, there's not much worry about remembering your birth control. I love mine! Good luck with your plan and I'm thankful that's still an option for us! ♥️

@mauisangel I live in the US too and YES I am so thankful it's still an option in my state!! I talked to one of my close friends about this today, her experience with an IUD she likes it too and had her strings trimmed. Thanks for the luck! 🤞🏼

@macwabana I know everyone’s experiences are different, but I’d recommend not getting the strings cut too short. I was told by a few docs it can sometimes make the removal process a bit more difficult. My insertion was horrific, so they kept my strings longer so they wouldn’t have to really search for them. Your partner can feel them but at that point, I put myself first haha

@macwabana My pain was like a 5 as I took some painkillers the cramps afterwards were bad but I've had mine for 6 months now and it's fantastic 😊

All the best op and please reach out to mental health counseling if you need it. It can be big going through a termination x