Plus size maternity clothes UK

venomluv

I'm struggling already to fit into my clothes! Only 13 weeks. Have bought size 24 (UK) recently and they are becoming too small. Don't even have a bump yet but I've put on 4kg from first trimester hunger.

I'd love to wear some nice dresses as got maternity leggings from next. Long tall Sally so they are expensive, but I figure I could buy 1 item of well fitting clothes a month. Can only really afford up to £50 a month clothes budget.

Any tips on where to find stuff that is big enough? H&m is too small. I did have some XL mat stuff from there in previous pregnancy but it got too small towards the end.

Thanks very much

@venomluv I got a lot of stuff from Next (also their baby clothes are the best). My first pregnancy I got some great items from ASOS, but this pregnancy the styles were all a bit weird. You say you have leggings, but if you want more I would recommend loveleggings maternity range. Trying to think where else I shopped, will add more if it comes to me. But yeah, the Uk plus size maternity selection is rubbish. Prepare to wear a lot of black 🙄. I’ve heard Asda actually have some good stuff, but I didn’t try them

@iamnotashamed So true! It's very black 🤣

I remember buying expensive leggings in the past that trunk in the wash... So it put me off... I do hate fast fashion but investing in things that seem not to last doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks for the ideas!

@venomluv I can fully endorse love leggings, I wore their size 28 maternity high waisted black leggings all through my pregnancy, they're excellent quality and definitely do not shrink (apart from that "freshly washed" tightness that goes away within an hour. )

Other than that I just wore large baggy t shirts and simply be cycling shorts with flip flops all summer, super comfy in the heat and actually in style now that the 90's is back in!

I recommend the clothing from snag tights company too, they go up to a 36 I believe, their t shirts are great. Not maternity but size up and they fit anyway, then after baby comes you can just use them as pj tops or rock the baggy look

@venomluv Asda George has been pretty good for me and i wear my normal size. I highly recommend their full maternity briefs as well (ones without the lace top). They don't roll down and there's plenty of room. I'm a size 22 top and 24 bottom

Back