Plus size C-section

@yellowzebra I am honestly afraid of seeing them pull him out of me but I may look into that! Is there anything you preferred with the vaginal births over the C-section? How big were your babies (if you don’t mind me asking). I definitely want to do skin to skin and nursing ASAP

@married2aliar They angled it just right so that I didn't see anything scary, just a cool first glimpse of my baby!

Baby 1 (hospital vaginal): 9.14
Baby 2 (C-section): 9.10
Baby 3 (home birth) 9.7

So definitely all pretty big!

My first birth went well on paper, in that I got the vaginal birth I wanted. But it was a hard process and I felt like my providers didn't really listen to me, so in some ways my C-section was healing for me. (I knew I wanted multiple kids so I was anxious about a good recovery to make future pregnancies as low risk as possible)

My favorite was definitely my home birth but I know it's not for everyone! (I didn't quite feel comfortable doing it for my first, which is why I went for the hospital.)

Skin to skin and nursing ASAP is just magical, no matter the birthing method. Ask good questions of your provider and get a feel for how supportive they are of your different options.

@yellowzebra Thank you so much for all that information! Glad to hear with the see through curtain you don’t see everything. I may ask for that now.

My OB has been great and supportive throughout the whole pregnancy, especially with me being plus sized. I have never felt any judgement from her which is what I wanted most since my first OB told me I had to lose 50lbs before even trying to get pregnant and said I’d immediately be high risk. I just don’t know what I don’t know so I sometimes find it hard to know what questions to ask.

Back