Plain given up on dating, but I don't feel too bad about it

disciple2011

29 f with 2 boys :)

I've tried dating, and man it never seems to work well. My last relationship seemed great, but halfway through I found it even 30 year old men still are afraid of commitment 🤦‍♀️

At this point I look forward to just laying in bed alone to watch and do whatever I want to. I've had a few people ask me out but when it comes down to it, I just have 0 energy to participate in anything.

I hope soon I start to feel the spark in dating, but right now it just sounds exhausting. I'd love to have someone, but not just to have someone. I wanna find my best friend

@disciple2011 Take your time. I was quite intentionally single for almost a decade and it was the best gift I could have given myself. Tried again at the end of my thirties and lucked out, found a wonderful man.

@disciple2011 I gave up too and I've been single for 7 years now. It's a dumpster fire out there. But honestly, I love my peace and quiet, I still get 🍑, and I enjoy having my kid as my companion and forever restaurant date. No 100 hot dates can replace that. I truly think it is about perspective. You either choose to see the single life as something torturous and miserable or you realize that you can have fun all alone without dealing with anyone's mess. It's your call 🤷‍♀️ Me for example, the kiddo and I are traveling to South America next month and I am stoked! It's his second trip out of the country!

@redruthie7889 Wrote and erased sarcastic comments 3 times, but to be real, been single for 9 years and been on 2 dates, although it would be nice to have someone to eat dinner with at times, 99% of the time I’ve learned to be happy without anyone, going where and when I want, not answering to someone’s every question. Spend as much time with your child, they’ll be grown before you know it, and for the record, yeah Im a man

@redruthie7889 Dude, coming out of an abusive hyper controlling relationship with my daughter's father.... Single life is the best ever. I love not having the added pressure of keeping up a romantic relationship and can do fun stuff with my kid, making good memories.

As she gets older its like getting to do fun stuff with a best friend. So much fun. Have a great time in South America!

@redruthie7889 I feel this. My kid is my little companion. It’s funny though you say you still get it in lol. Ive accepted that I’m probably going to be single for a long time as it feels like no one wants a young single mom. But i’ve wondered if I should continue seeing guys casually (because I’m a human that still enjoys sex) or just stop dealing with guys all together and dedicate myself to other aspects of my life. I’m not sure what to do.

@%CF%80 I still want the real deal but the fwb situation just kind of happened organically. We've known each other for some years now soooo for now, it works. I don't know what the future holds but I am on hiatus from dating right now. I was going through some things and I just had a falling out with my best friend so my mind is not 100% that great. I tend to hide from the world when I go through a lot of things....

@redruthie7889 My ex wife still gets laid but nobody wants to stay with her long term. So, I guess you're right about perspective. To me, she's being easy asf and being used. To her, she's still "getting ass", and it's "consensual". Its ideal to most guy's. No relationship and still get laid? Sweet. What a life lol, but hey. All about perspective

@jesussoncurt To each its own at the end of the day. I did everything right according to society but it wasn't right after all 🤷‍♀️ Everyone has a story and everyone struggles and copes differently. This is why one should never compares one's journey to others cause everyone is walking their own path at the end of the day.

Back